Africa has and continues to face many health challenges – high blood pressure, diabetes, malaria, tuberculosis, to mention a few. How can and does diagnostics play a pivotal role in assisting to manage and minimize this?
We connect with Dr. Allan Pambe and find out more about his life’s journey and his new roll as the Africa Network Lead for Roche Diagnostics.
Dr Allan Pamba, previously Independent Global Health Consultant, has joined Roche Diagnostics as Africa Network Lead. Based in Nairobi, Kenya, Dr Pamba now reports to Bernard Colombo, Head of EMEA-LATAM for Roche Diagnostics. In his new role, Dr Pamba will become a member of the Roche Diagnostics EMEA-LATAM leadership team and focus on ensuring end-to-end coordination of investments in Africa, working with existing African Management Centres, BAs, Pharma and Group. He will also engage with various internal and external stakeholders.
Dr Pamba brings exceptional knowledge and expertise in the multinational pharmaceutical area and the hospital sector to his new role. He began his career with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) as a clinical leader and subsequently held several positions with increasing responsibility. These included Director for Public Engagement & Emerging Markets Access Strategy, Vice President & General Manager East Africa & Head of Government Affairs Africa.
Dr Pamba was then appointed CEO of the Nairobi Hospital. He has worked in the United Kingdom, the United States and Kenya. Prior to joining GSK, Dr Pamba trained as a physician in Kenya. He worked in clinical care in Kenya at various levels of health delivery, including government service, mission hospitals and research hospitals. He conducted clinical trials on management of severe malaria in children at the Wellcome-Trust Research Unit in Kilifi, Kenya, and has published several papers on malaria.
Dr Pamba played an important role in setting up one of the first HIV Comprehensive Care Clinics in government service in Kenya, with the aid of PEPFAR (The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief) funding. He has a special interest in equitable access to healthcare and overall development in the least developed countries.
Dr Pamba holds a Bachelor of Medicine, a Bachelor of Surgery as well as a Master of Science on Public Health in Developing Countries. Dr Pamba comments:
“As my career continues to evolve in business leadership, creation of Access and shared value have consistently been important dimensions in everything I do. I am very excited to join Roche Diagnostics because I know these dimensions are already key considerations in the business”.
For more information, please visit diagnostics roche.com
- FREE eCommerce Virtual Summit opens registrations for entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #eCommerce | The Insaka eCommerce Academy - May 19, 2022
- Running like the wind into the future | #Technology | #Running | #Gadgets | Arthur Goldstuck | #Podcast - May 19, 2022
- Are you even aware of yourself? | #Coaching | #LunchtimeCoaching | #HR | #Entrepreneur | Kevin Britz | Akhona Tota | Silu Business Partners - May 18, 2022
- The symbiotic relationship of sport and Education | #Opinion | #Insight | #Education | #Sport | The Love Trust - May 18, 2022
- Its time to THINK about social media and your business | #Entrepreneurs | #SocialMedia | #Marketing | Björn Salsone | Lesley-Anne Mallon | THINK Social Media - May 17, 2022
- From a 2l ice-cream container to the hottest restaurant in Joburg | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Ling Chiu | Obento Ramen Bar - May 17, 2022
- Pay the S.I.U | #News | #NewsHeadlines | #Podcast | Kuhle Tshabalala - May 13, 2022
- How bias can work for your brand and business | #Marketing | #Leadership | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - May 12, 2022
- The critical role of the tax practitioner | #Insight | #Tax | # Business | Christine Painter | PaySpace - May 11, 2022
- Become DANGEROUS | #UNSCRIPTEDLIFE | |#Business | #Insight | Clive Vanderwagen | Erik Kruger | #Podcast - May 10, 2022