Africa has and continues to face many health challenges – high blood pressure, diabetes, malaria, tuberculosis, to mention a few. How can and does diagnostics play a pivotal role in assisting to manage and minimize this?
We connect with Dr. Allan Pambe and find out more about his life’s journey and his new roll as the Africa Network Lead for Roche Diagnostics.
Dr Allan Pamba, previously Independent Global Health Consultant, has joined Roche Diagnostics as Africa Network Lead. Based in Nairobi, Kenya, Dr Pamba now reports to Bernard Colombo, Head of EMEA-LATAM for Roche Diagnostics. In his new role, Dr Pamba will become a member of the Roche Diagnostics EMEA-LATAM leadership team and focus on ensuring end-to-end coordination of investments in Africa, working with existing African Management Centres, BAs, Pharma and Group. He will also engage with various internal and external stakeholders.
Dr Pamba brings exceptional knowledge and expertise in the multinational pharmaceutical area and the hospital sector to his new role. He began his career with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) as a clinical leader and subsequently held several positions with increasing responsibility. These included Director for Public Engagement & Emerging Markets Access Strategy, Vice President & General Manager East Africa & Head of Government Affairs Africa.
Dr Pamba was then appointed CEO of the Nairobi Hospital. He has worked in the United Kingdom, the United States and Kenya. Prior to joining GSK, Dr Pamba trained as a physician in Kenya. He worked in clinical care in Kenya at various levels of health delivery, including government service, mission hospitals and research hospitals. He conducted clinical trials on management of severe malaria in children at the Wellcome-Trust Research Unit in Kilifi, Kenya, and has published several papers on malaria.
Dr Pamba played an important role in setting up one of the first HIV Comprehensive Care Clinics in government service in Kenya, with the aid of PEPFAR (The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief) funding. He has a special interest in equitable access to healthcare and overall development in the least developed countries.
Dr Pamba holds a Bachelor of Medicine, a Bachelor of Surgery as well as a Master of Science on Public Health in Developing Countries. Dr Pamba comments:
“As my career continues to evolve in business leadership, creation of Access and shared value have consistently been important dimensions in everything I do. I am very excited to join Roche Diagnostics because I know these dimensions are already key considerations in the business”.
For more information, please visit diagnostics roche.com
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Music and Food are forever intertwined | #Music | #Food | Brunch with Bjorn | Bjorn Salsone | J Something | Joao da Fonseca | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Mr Hare meets Mr Mandela | #Theatre | #Entertainment | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Daniel Geddes | #Podcast - September 19, 2022
- The Week that Was | #News | #NewsUpdates | Kuhle Tshabalal | #Podcast - September 16, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - September 15, 2022
- Counting the ever-increasing cost: Impact of the ongoing attacks and looting on road freight | #Insight | #Trucking | Road Freight Association | Gavin Kelly - September 15, 2022
- Why Human-Centered leadership is needed today | #Insight | #Leadership | #Business | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - September 15, 2022