“Port Elizabeth has something special! There is a definite entrepreneurial spirit in the city and is a place in South Africa where we’ve experienced and met with so many individuals who demonstrate the want and need to start their own businesses.
It is for this reason that we will be launching a brand new ‘start-up truck – a Treppie’ and business tour reaching out to entrepreneurs in PE next week” says Judi Sandrock, CEO of MEDO – one of South Africa’s pre-eminent supplier and enterprise development organisations.
This MEDO Treppie will supplement the older Treppie (a mobile entrepreneurial incubator with computers and internet connectivity) – and at 30% longer than the older vehicle is the prefect environment for a ‘Learning Centre’ able to comfortably accommodate 16 people at a time in a training situation. The new vehicle comes equipped with a Smart TV, full AV ability and its own internet ability to facilitate training. MEDO staff will also be on hand to assist entrepreneurs or start-ups with questions and advice on applying for a range of MEDO training programmes designed to fast track start-ups to business success.
Sponsored by Isuzu Trucks, the brand new Treppie will be in Port Elizabeth on September 03 2015 in the main square, City Centre. MEDO staff will be on hand throughout the day to interact with smaller businesses and entrepreneurs in the area are encouraged to visit.
In addition to sponsoring the truck and other MEDO inititives, Isuzu Trucks are the title sponsor of the PE to Plett Cycle Tour which is taking place at the same time of the launch in PE. The tour is dubbed ‘The Tough One’ and Isuzu Trucks are known to be ‘With you For the long run’ – fitting descriptions of their understanding of what entrepreneurs endure daily and what entrepreneurs need from corporate support structures to develop their businesses.
On 03 September 2015, Motherwell Business Development Centre (MBDSC) – Address – Corner Tyinirha & Nyara Road, Motherwell Shopping Complex.
Behind the scenes: MEDO (Micro Enterprise Development Organisation) is not only helping to secure supplier relationships and expand trade within and outside South Africa, the company’s vast cumulative knowledge and experience in the Enterprise Development space ideally positions them to assist corporate clients with their ED strategies and BBBEE point accrual.
MEDO has recognised the need to assist organisations to develop winning Enterprise Development strategies, operational roll-out plans and other related advisory services to support their BBBEE and broader investment priorities. A robust Supplier Development Programme has been developed to prepare for the revised BBBEE codes
- Why learning and development matters – An empowered employee shares his thoughts | #Insights | Tebogo Sethabela | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Diversity and inclusion in the workplace promotes creativity and productivity | #LunchtimeSeries | #Marketing | #Insights | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021