A fascinating discussion today with Dion Chang from Flux Trends about the continued mechanisation of the economy and its implications for humanity.
Since the industrial revolution machines have greatly expanded on the capacity of people; from a age when most people were farmers and lived harsh brutal lives, to now where the internet exists, communication is global and the stars are within reach, we are pondering the existence of aliens and searching actively for them with powerful machines!
With the rise of AI, this process of mechanisation has evolved into robots that have begun to replace human jobs, industries such as mining are replacing as much human labour as possible, we discuss the impact of this.
But further on, what is the ”meta” impact of this process to humanity and the way we live; carried to its inevitable conclusion when mechanised units dominate the global economy, how will we as a whole adapt, will it be a utopia or Terminator brought to real life.
Dion Chang is the founder of Flux Trends. For more trends visit:
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020