Despite all the technological innovations available to brands, the best way to build awareness and visibility for any marketing initiative is putting a product or service in front of the right audience at the right time. This is what in-store advertising innovators Smart Media specialises in as they continue to drive customer success in the local market.
Fundamentally, any brand looking for an audience will be searching for a consumer who meets the criteria of its specific target market. Fortunately, South Africa is blessed with countless shopping centres and retail stores that cater for virtually any customer.
This is where Smart Media comes in – “We bring our expertise with in-store branding to ensure that the products or services of our customers have a presence directly where shoppers are making purchasing decisions,” says Mark Uria, CEO Smart Media.
Smart Media has 360-degree advertising offerings that do not waste marketing space. Before a customer even enters a shop, there is already a direct line of sight of a product through a layered, 3D high-impact window advertising displays known as Smart Windows. These are no ordinary window dressings but designed to create a bold brand presence, exude professionalism, and delivers the right message at the right time.
The next points of contact are the barrier sleeves over the security scanners which consumers pass upon entering and exiting the store. And when they take a basket or trolley, the Smart Media mobile offering comes into play providing messaging on the basket and trolley. This impacts not only the person with the basket or trolley, but also consumers passing by.
And when it comes to its partnership with Dis-Chem, Smart Media can also leverage the dispensary section as a brand-building opportunity.
“Consumers spend on average 14 minutes queuing in front of our Dispensary Posters. And for over-the-counter medication, we have Digital Screens and OTC Arches visible to customers who spend an average of five minutes dwell time before being served. We also offer niche opportunities in the clinic area with interactive touch screens,” says Mark Norton, Group Marketing Manager at Dis-Chem.
The final touch point is at the end of a customer’s journey. The Till Point Signage comes at a critical moment for consumers when they have their wallets in-hand. This placement is ideal for financial institutions to showcase rewards programmes, third-party partners, cell phone networks, confectionary brands, and many more.
Of course, this is only some examples of the Smart Media visual merchandising offerings. A catalogue is available for download that illustrates all its in store opportunities, it can be found here .
These are exciting times for brands and customers in retail stores across the country. And with technological innovation evolving rapidly, Brands need to find even more unique ways to position their products to ensure they are always top of mind.
About Smart Media
Established in 2004, Smart Media is an in-store innovator that provides South African retailers with 360° solutions designed to entrench brand loyalty with shoppers. It delivers integrated in-store advertising offerings that encompass every step of the shopper journey.
Smart Media inspires confidence with retailers through innovation in the in-store media space as it continuously looks for new ways to create magical moments between a brand and its customers. Designed to educate the customer and drive sales, the Smart Media in-store advertising value proposition keep brands top of mind in an increasingly competitive market.
- Date with God |#Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson |Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 17, 2021
- What is a BRAND and why you need to build it! | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 13, 2021
- SA Online Retail leaps to R30-billion | Arthur Goldstuck | World Wide Worx - May 12, 2021
- Does your RESILIENCE need a resilience boost? | Lunchtime Coaching | Kevin Britz | Dr Marcel Hattingh | City Changers Institute | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 12, 2021
- What is the Next Frontier Facebook? | Lets Talk Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Nunu Ntshingila | #ebizradio - May 12, 2021
- How does the Car Hire industry actually work? |#BrunchwithBjorn |#BjornSalsone | Lulu Rodriques | CHB Car Hire Brokers | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 11, 2021
- Why do businesses not spend enough of staff development? |#Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 10, 2021
- Augmented Reality and financial services |#Marketing | #LTM | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Data and Creative Effectiveness in Digital Marketing |#LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Antonio Petra |#Digital | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Selling requires 3 D’s and a R – do you have them? |#Sales | Shelley Walters | Sales Enabler | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021