BizRadio chats to David Hood about his personal journey into the marketing world, his association with the Global Marketing Network and his take and insights into what is known as Marketing Misanthropy.
David Hood is the GMN Online Community Director and has been instrumental in the development of Global CMO™ The Magazine. He is a proficient and experienced Competitiveness Strategist and an author of two books – ‘The Marketing Manifesto’ & ‘Competitive SME: Building Competitive Advantage Through Marketing Excellence for Small to Medium Sized Enterprises’
A Shift in Belief Systems – Once upon a time, we liked our customers. We valued them. But what we hear, see and yes, feel occasionally is a dislike for them. They are now seen as a necessary evil.
What happened? Was it when we – as growing companies, or just career-minded individuals slowly moving up the professional ladder – allowed our belief systems, including how we deal with other people, to be influenced and affected by a profound change; one that moved our personal focus from customer to company, from innovative and entrepreneurial sole-trader or SME thinking to embrace Corporate selfishness?
When did the customer or consumer, change from the very worthwhile and critical lifeblood of your company, to become an external nuisance?
What caused the change… Caused us to change?
Read the full article here: Global CMO™ The Magazine
- Augmented Reality and financial services |#Marketing | #LTM | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Data and Creative Effectiveness in Digital Marketing |#LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Antonio Petra |#Digital | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Selling requires 3 D’s and a R – do you have them? |#Sales | Shelley Walters | Sales Enabler | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021
- How do we tackle INCLUSION in the workplace? |#HR | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Samkelo Blom | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021
- The events space has now become a hybrid industry | Business Brunch with Bjorn | Liesl Smith | The Events Place | #Entrepreneur | #podcast |#ebizradio - May 4, 2021
- African Women Can Build a Better Future for All Africans with Oil and Natural Gas if Men Just Step Back | #Opinion | NJ Ayuk | African Energy Chamber #Insight | #ebizradio - May 4, 2021
- DiDi e-hailing takes on Uber and Bolt in SA |#Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | #podcast | #ebizradio - May 3, 2021
- Why women are successful leaders | #Leadership | #LunchtimeLeadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson |Sonja Coetzer |#podcast |#ebizradio - May 3, 2021
- The Love Trust – An outstanding NPO | Stephen Brown|#PayItForward |#ebizradio - May 3, 2021
- My therapist is a ROBOT is yours? |#Trends | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #podcast |#ebizradio - May 3, 2021