BizRadio chats to David Hood about his personal journey into the marketing world, his association with the Global Marketing Network and his take and insights into what is known as Marketing Misanthropy.
David Hood is the GMN Online Community Director and has been instrumental in the development of Global CMO™ The Magazine. He is a proficient and experienced Competitiveness Strategist and an author of two books – ‘The Marketing Manifesto’ & ‘Competitive SME: Building Competitive Advantage Through Marketing Excellence for Small to Medium Sized Enterprises’
A Shift in Belief Systems – Once upon a time, we liked our customers. We valued them. But what we hear, see and yes, feel occasionally is a dislike for them. They are now seen as a necessary evil.
What happened? Was it when we – as growing companies, or just career-minded individuals slowly moving up the professional ladder – allowed our belief systems, including how we deal with other people, to be influenced and affected by a profound change; one that moved our personal focus from customer to company, from innovative and entrepreneurial sole-trader or SME thinking to embrace Corporate selfishness?
When did the customer or consumer, change from the very worthwhile and critical lifeblood of your company, to become an external nuisance?
What caused the change… Caused us to change?
Read the full article here: Global CMO™ The Magazine
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021