Luisa had a look at the topical subject of the changing role of Marketing and the requirements of relevant skills needed. In the past the Marketing focus has always been about generating demand but now marketers are the customer engagement agents of the business. The marketing arm of business needs ensure that there is a golden thread and consistent message throughout to the delivery of the brand promise, so there is a need to break down traditional silos in business to cross functional integration and communication. The role of Marketers now is to understand customer needs and what the organization needs are to do to meet those needs, becoming master integrators as apposed to demand generators. Therefor Marketers need a certain amount of credibility and need to learn to speak the various languages of different elements from Finance to Technology.
Luisa referred to a great article on themarketingsite.com. (Click to read it) “the strategic road map is vital for data driven success” by Richard Mullins. According to the article if an organisation wants to excel in the future they need to master the discipline of gathering accurate and relevant data from a diverse range of sources. Not only in house data but also external third party data sources and look at what customers are doing in the digital world. Marketers then need to make use of this data to create strategic plans to achieve the organisations objectives. This can only be achieved through effective use of available technology and can only be done if Marketers understand the language of Technology.
Finance is the language of business therefore in becoming a strategic planner and master integrator Marketors also need understand the language of finance to make sure that return on investment is achieved and accurately measured.
Based on this Luisa sent out a call to action to Marketors to learn the languages of Technology and Finance to become master integrators and strategic planners.
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) is the co-founder of CUBE (ON THE SQUARE) an integrated marketing solutions company specialising in Direct Response and Internet marketing. She is also the co-founder of TheMarketingSite.com – an online marketing and communications knowledge hub. It covers a wide range of business and marketing topics including basic principles, the latest industry news and trends, research and statistics, case studies, opinion pieces, and thought leadership articles.
— Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) September 4, 2012
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020
- How to create a job search strategy to the hidden job market|#LTC |#KevinBritz | Chantelle Botha |#Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Roboteur takes the tedium out of repetitive tasks| #eBizWires | Graham Fry | Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Do you know what Programmatic Media Buying is? |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |Ryan Eberlin - September 16, 2020
- WHY DO WE SAY “ I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH” |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton | Potential Unlimited |#Podcast |#eBizradio - September 15, 2020
- Early investors in 4IR start-ups set to reap rewards | #eBizInisghts | Brett Dawson | Podcast - September 15, 2020
- SMEgo launches to assist small businesses |#DigitalNomad | #MbaliNdhlovu | Rowan Spazzoli |#Podcast |#Entrepreneur - September 15, 2020
- How are your time management and people skills? |#LTL |#KevinBritz |Naomi Basson | Jose Mesquita |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 13, 2020
- Innovative solutions for restaurants during the COVID pandemic and beyond | Snapmenu | #eBizTechnology | Gabriel Stein, Shai Unterslak & Max Tyrell | Podcast - September 11, 2020