Luisa had a look at the topical subject of the changing role of Marketing and the requirements of relevant skills needed. In the past the Marketing focus has always been about generating demand but now marketers are the customer engagement agents of the business. The marketing arm of business needs ensure that there is a golden thread and consistent message throughout to the delivery of the brand promise, so there is a need to break down traditional silos in business to cross functional integration and communication. The role of Marketers now is to understand customer needs and what the organization needs are to do to meet those needs, becoming master integrators as apposed to demand generators. Therefor Marketers need a certain amount of credibility and need to learn to speak the various languages of different elements from Finance to Technology.
Luisa referred to a great article on themarketingsite.com. (Click to read it) “the strategic road map is vital for data driven success” by Richard Mullins. According to the article if an organisation wants to excel in the future they need to master the discipline of gathering accurate and relevant data from a diverse range of sources. Not only in house data but also external third party data sources and look at what customers are doing in the digital world. Marketers then need to make use of this data to create strategic plans to achieve the organisations objectives. This can only be achieved through effective use of available technology and can only be done if Marketers understand the language of Technology.
Finance is the language of business therefore in becoming a strategic planner and master integrator Marketors also need understand the language of finance to make sure that return on investment is achieved and accurately measured.
Based on this Luisa sent out a call to action to Marketors to learn the languages of Technology and Finance to become master integrators and strategic planners.
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) is the co-founder of CUBE (ON THE SQUARE) an integrated marketing solutions company specialising in Direct Response and Internet marketing. She is also the co-founder of TheMarketingSite.com – an online marketing and communications knowledge hub. It covers a wide range of business and marketing topics including basic principles, the latest industry news and trends, research and statistics, case studies, opinion pieces, and thought leadership articles.
— Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) September 4, 2012
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- Why are consumers encouraged to save even in these tough times? | #Money |#Insight | #FSCAMyMoney | Lyndwill Clarke | #ebizradio | FSCA - July 23, 2021
- Beware of them COOKIES! | #LunchtimeMarketing | #LTM | Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 22, 2021
- Jou reputasie maak saak! | #DieBesigheidsKombuis | Naomi Basson | Regine le Roux | Reputation Matters | #ebizradio | #Podcast - July 22, 2021
- Renewed focus on People | Human Resources | #Management | Candice Neumann | 21st Century | #ebizradio | #Trend - July 21, 2021
- Knowing your value and worth | #ChangeConversationsWithMpume | Busi Selesho | Mpume Ncube-Daka | #Insight | #ebizradio | #Podcast - July 21, 2021
- Managing your business reputation | #Insight | Regine le Roux | Reputation Matters | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 21, 2021
- Soft Fascination whilst in a holding pattern | #Trends | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 21, 2021
- Who can we trust with our planet? | #Opinion | Burt Rodrigues | BIODX | #Sustainability | #ebizradio - July 21, 2021
- The rise and rise of the all-in-one lifestyle app | #Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | Ingrid von Stein | Gadget.co.za | #Podcast - July 20, 2021
- It’s okay to not be okay | #OneEyedMan | Mike Stopforth | Bridget McNulty | Podcast | #Insight | #ebizradio - July 20, 2021