Louise Robinson started CG Consulting, a specialised IT marketing company, fifteen years ago, in her Sea Point garage. Starting of doing any kind of contract work that came her way from her Johannesburg corporate contacts, who from time to time needed someone to run small marketing projects for them in Cape Town, today Louise heads a company with a proven track-record of high-quality service and profitability, and at least a five-year head-start over any other IT marketing firm when it comes to knowledge of the African IT scene.
With no formal business training, Louise had moved up in the marketing departments of large IT companies in Johannesburg. After starting CG Consulting, she ended up in the highly specialised field of business-to-business marketing.
CG Consulting does not do direct sales pitches. Rather, the company gathers information about IT people in the business world, speak to them about their work and needs and inform them about new systems or products. Most of this work is based on campaigns that the likes of Microsoft and Cisco hire CG Consulting to carry out. In addition, the company sells targeted databases, and specialises in appointment setting and lead generation throughout Africa.
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020