Louise Robinson started CG Consulting, a specialised IT marketing company, fifteen years ago, in her Sea Point garage. Starting of doing any kind of contract work that came her way from her Johannesburg corporate contacts, who from time to time needed someone to run small marketing projects for them in Cape Town, today Louise heads a company with a proven track-record of high-quality service and profitability, and at least a five-year head-start over any other IT marketing firm when it comes to knowledge of the African IT scene.
With no formal business training, Louise had moved up in the marketing departments of large IT companies in Johannesburg. After starting CG Consulting, she ended up in the highly specialised field of business-to-business marketing.
CG Consulting does not do direct sales pitches. Rather, the company gathers information about IT people in the business world, speak to them about their work and needs and inform them about new systems or products. Most of this work is based on campaigns that the likes of Microsoft and Cisco hire CG Consulting to carry out. In addition, the company sells targeted databases, and specialises in appointment setting and lead generation throughout Africa.
- Diversity and inclusion in the workplace promotes creativity and productivity | #LunchtimeSeries | #Marketing | #Insights | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021