A common problem in logistics worldwide is freighting and transport companies selling freight space, and consumers or corporates finding the right supplier to move cargo and goods from point A to point B. Launching as a first of its kind in South Africa, Logistic Directory brings to market a live portal for freight companies to advertise available space and central repository to match logistic needs with reputable transport suppliers.
Lelanie Prinsloo, Logistic Directory Chief Executive Officer explains,
“As a consumer, when having to find a logistics solution for transporting anything from your household content from PE to Johannesburg, moving a grandparent’s fragile china from Durban to Upington, a retailer looking to move frozen strawberries from Cape Town to Orange Grove or moving an engine from Steelpoort to Vereeniging”.
There are a plethora of companies, both nationally and internationally who can assist with logistical needs, however knowing who they are, what they do, their service level agreement or standard operating procedure, has never been easier.
Logistic Directory eliminates the agonizing prospect of hours online or on the phone reaching a logistic company that meets your needs.
In addition to our A-Z Directory, we offer an exciting Live Site where you can check for daily specials from logistic companies and get your freight, whatever it might be, moved at a discounted price. The site showcases the leading logistic companies at your fingertips.”
Already showing confidence in the Logistic Directory platform are SAA Cargo, Barloworld Logistics, Airlink Cargo, Imperial Cargo Solutions, DCB Logistics, Triton Express, Grangold Logistics, Value Logistics and Lovemore Bros to name a few.
According to Logistic Directory, whether from a consumer or corporate perspective, the site takes the headache out of logistics, providing access to door-to-door solutions for consumers or freight and logistic companies who operate terminal to terminal as well as providing you with the best operators to assist you with your import and export.
Once on the site, users select speciality slots for their logistic needs, including courier services (0-10kg), express freight (10 – 10 000kg), automotive freight, transport (10 tons to 36 tons), abnormal freight, refrigerated trucks, e- commerce, hazardous freight, furniture removal, warehousing and distribution, international freight forwarding and airfreight.
Users then enter the type of goods they need to transport, the freight’s current destination, arrival destination, and hit the search button for Logistic Directory to suggest suitable logistic suppliers to meet the specific needs.
According to Lelanie, a primary driver of launching the website was to be the first to market in educating consumers around the various aspects of logistics by simplifying logistics across the board, while presenting the logistic industry with a businesses opportunity to fill trucks, underutilised routes and cargo aircraft.
“The fact that we already have blue chip logistic companies part of this pioneering site has been hugely encouraging. We have no doubt that being listed on the site will become a highly sought-after space in the industry, and in return, adding extensive value for our end users,” adds Lelanie.
For more information on Logistic Directory visit www.logisticdirectory.co.za
Behind the Scenes
A first of its kind in South Africa, Logistic Directory is a free online service that saves time when planning logistics, while allowing logistic companies to advertise daily specials of moving freight at discounted prices. The site’s functionality presents users with the most reputable logistic companies to meet specific needs as well as a dependable, centralised A-Z listing of all suppliers in the logistics industry.
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020