Luisa continued sharing the many insights gained from the DMMA 2012 conference that she recently attended in Las Vegas. This week she focused on Data and the management of data in modern day real time marketing. Knowledge is power. These days huge amounts of data are constantly being produced and created leading to “Big Data”. There is a huge challenge to be able to mine this data to manage it, spot opportunities and also be able to draw meaningful and relevant information. We are drowning in information. According to Linda Wooley the interim CEO of the DMMA projection is that 2.7 Zetabytes of data will be created in 2012. A zetabyte is a billion terrabytes. This just highlights the amount of data that we are now faced with and the massive challenge to be able to mine this data and be able to draw valuable insights and manage it. Also some data has a very short lifespan and shelf life.
Businesses and specifically marketers need to be able manage and mine this vast amount of data in a timeous manner so that opportunities are not missed. Luisa gave some great insight on how businesses & marketers need to deal with this and be able to turn the challenge into an opportunity.
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
To follow the latest marketing news, insights and trends go to www.themarketingsite.com.
— Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) November 1, 2012
Private Sector – Do You Own Your Intellectual Property? fb.me/2uHRcHt1R
— TheMarketingSite (@themktgsite) November 4, 2012
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021