Casablanca- headquartered ONOMO Hotels has entered the South African hotel management arena with the acquisition of three properties: the iconic Inn on the Square in Cape Town, the Signature Lux Hotel and brand in Sandton, and a newly constructed ONOMO Hotel in Durban due to open in March this year.
These acquisitions form part of the ONOMO Hotels Group’s expansion strategy into major business districts and capital cities on the African continent. The latest transactions bring the group’s portfolio to 10 hotels across Africa with representation in Senegal, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Mali, Togo, Guinea, Rwanda and South Africa.
Commenting at an industry event at ONOMO Hotel Cape Town Inn on the Square, Samantha Annandale, Regional Operational Director of South and East Africa, said, “With so many international companies exiting Africa and investment leaving our shores, it is encouraging to see that our group has a fully focussed African strategy. We have exceptional confidence in Africa, especially in the hospitality space and with our strong development pipeline we aim to become one of the leading hotel chains in Africa, for Africa.” As proof of this confidence, the recent South African deals have been via a purchase and management basis, in that the group will own and operate their properties.
Last year, the group announced the successful completion of a c. €106m equity fundraise attracting two new investors namely CDC Group plc, a UK Government-owned development finance institution and CIC Capital the international private equity arm of CM-CIC Investissement. Following the transaction, Batipart, a family office with a 30-year long track record in real estate investments and operating platforms in Europe, Canada and Africa, remains the controlling shareholder of ONOMO Hotels. This transaction will enable the rollout of ONOMO’s pan-African growth acceleration by expanding its presence into Cameroon, Congo, Uganda, Mozambique, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
The group is focussed on opportunities in corporate, city hotels positioned in the mid-market bracket to develop their pipeline ambition of making ONOMO Hotels the leading pan-African hospitality platform in the 3 star market segment.
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- Are you thinking of buying a pre-owned 4×4? | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 13, 2022
- How Paying it Forward in business changes the environment | #LTC | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Helen Martin | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 12, 2022
- How professionals create good money habits | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube Daka | Amanda Dambuza | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 11, 2022
- The 2022 School Year: What Teachers, Parents and Learners Can Expect | #Classroom | #ebizradio | The Love Trust - January 10, 2022
- An African Platform for African business by African Business | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Grace Mumo | Luxury Xclusives - January 10, 2022
- No matter what – SHOW UP! | #Entrepreneur | #BizInsight| Ingrid von Stein | Daniel Kahn | Firstwatch | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 22, 2021
- Mission Possible! – A global health doctor takes on a new mission | #Insight | Ingrid von Stein | Dr. Allan Pambe | Roche Diagnostics | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 22, 2021