Casablanca- headquartered ONOMO Hotels has entered the South African hotel management arena with the acquisition of three properties: the iconic Inn on the Square in Cape Town, the Signature Lux Hotel and brand in Sandton, and a newly constructed ONOMO Hotel in Durban due to open in March this year.
These acquisitions form part of the ONOMO Hotels Group’s expansion strategy into major business districts and capital cities on the African continent. The latest transactions bring the group’s portfolio to 10 hotels across Africa with representation in Senegal, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Mali, Togo, Guinea, Rwanda and South Africa.
Commenting at an industry event at ONOMO Hotel Cape Town Inn on the Square, Samantha Annandale, Regional Operational Director of South and East Africa, said, “With so many international companies exiting Africa and investment leaving our shores, it is encouraging to see that our group has a fully focussed African strategy. We have exceptional confidence in Africa, especially in the hospitality space and with our strong development pipeline we aim to become one of the leading hotel chains in Africa, for Africa.” As proof of this confidence, the recent South African deals have been via a purchase and management basis, in that the group will own and operate their properties.
Last year, the group announced the successful completion of a c. €106m equity fundraise attracting two new investors namely CDC Group plc, a UK Government-owned development finance institution and CIC Capital the international private equity arm of CM-CIC Investissement. Following the transaction, Batipart, a family office with a 30-year long track record in real estate investments and operating platforms in Europe, Canada and Africa, remains the controlling shareholder of ONOMO Hotels. This transaction will enable the rollout of ONOMO’s pan-African growth acceleration by expanding its presence into Cameroon, Congo, Uganda, Mozambique, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
The group is focussed on opportunities in corporate, city hotels positioned in the mid-market bracket to develop their pipeline ambition of making ONOMO Hotels the leading pan-African hospitality platform in the 3 star market segment.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021