At this year’s IFA conference in Berlin, Samsung announced a new line of curved televisions in sizes ranging from 48” to 105”. It also announced the worlds first bendable UHD TV and a curved sound bar.
Samsung has introduced an expanded lineup of TV and audio products at IFA 2014. The company showcased 17 curved TVs in Full High-Definition (FHD), Ultra High-Definition (UHD) and Light-Emitting Diode (LED) ranging in sizes from 48” to 105”; its 105” bendable UHD TV and a new curved Soundbar.
“We’re in a new era in TV viewing and it is driven by the curve, a simple yet powerful design ethos,” said Ansgar Pabst, Business Lead for TV/AV at Samsung Electronics SA.
Providing total solutions to satisfy various needs
This year, Samsung introduced a wide selection of devices, which included the 105” Curved UHD TV.
This product features a panoramic 21:9 aspect ratio that allows consumers to enjoy a cinematic experience at home. Boasting an 11 million pixel (5120X2160) screen resolution, it delivers five times the performance of Full HD and adjusts any content to UHD. Additionally, Samsung’s proprietary picture quality technology will register subtle differences of brightness and highlight contrasts to expand the range of picture quality on the screen for better details, in even the darkest screen images. Further to this, it includes a 160W built-in speaker.
Samsung also introduced the bendable UHD TV. Boasting a 105” UHD display and a 21:9 aspect ratio, it goes from flat to curved, allowing users to decide how they want to watch TV. The device features a curvature of 4200R. It also offers UHD Dimming and Upscaling for more detailed picture optimisation, reduction of light diffusion and enhanced contrast.
Samsung also unveiled the Wireless Audio Multiroom, the M3. This new addition to the Samsung family offers two-way speaker functionality and simple control from your smart device to easily bring all your scattered music sources together into one system. In addition, Samsung announced a partnership with Spotify that gives users Spotify Connect, the ability to have their music follow them throughout the home. It also allows to play more than two Samsung Wireless Audio Multiroom at once – a first for Spotify Connect.
The mentioned products are scheduled to be available in South Africa later this year.
* Follow Gadget on Twitter on @GadgetZA
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021