“The journeys of entrepreneurs are a tapestry of successes and failures. What we learn along the way defines the business people and companies we create” Jaco Maritz .
Jaco started his journey with a keen interest in sharing stories, his initial journey saw him as a photographer, but as with many entrepreneurs he soon found other avenues to express himself and share stories. We live in a world where content, confidence and collaboration are the 3 key things. This naturally led him to the online world and he started a number of online ventures, eventually landing up handling the online content for a large media house in SA.
It was not long before Jaco started to spread his wings and his curiosity around business in Africa peaked its head. A journey of discovery was the new path of Jaco and the founding of Maritz Africa was a natural progression – AFRICA’S SMARTEST BUSINESS INFORMATION COMPANY.
We chat to Jaco about the writing and publishing of How We Made It In Africa where he shares the journeys of 25 thriving African entrepreneurs sharing their journeys, key learning’s and business insights.
The company has 3 significant units in it namely;
How we made it in Africa; How we made it in Africa, established in April 2010, is an award-winning pan-African online business publication
Maritz Africa Intelligence -A producer of research reports and white papers focusing on market trends, opportunities and strategies.
SVW COMMUNICATIONS – Custom-made communication formulas to reach your goals. Constructive, well-researched press engagement guaranteed – personalised and strategic, with strong content at the core. Gone are the days of generic press releases.
- Ground One Coffee is stirring it up! | #LTM | Lunchtime Marketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Shane Radebe | Letsi Mailula | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Hollard Insure - November 25, 2021
- Roche launches cobas pureintegrated solutions analyser to help simplify operations in small to medium sized labs |#News | #Medical | Roche Diagnostics Sandra Orta - November 24, 2021
- Young artists invited to illustrate the spirit of wealth | Ubuntu Invest | Art | Neliswe Msango |Competition | #ebizradio | #Podcast - November 24, 2021
- Excuse Me | Unscripted Life | Clive Vanderwagen | Bongi Archi | #SupportLocal | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 23, 2021
- Every behavior is driven by a motivation | #LTL | Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- South Africa’s most attractive Employers – Universum Global demystifies the new employment landscape | #HumanResources | #Insight | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- In the NEWS – the week that was | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #eBizradio | #Podcast - November 19, 2021
- Let all children know they’re loved this – Universal Children’s Day | #News | Dr Jerry Gule | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - November 19, 2021
- THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS – A story of a movie that shaped an entrepreneur’s vision | #Opinion | Nelisiwe Masngo | Ubuntu Invest | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021
- The Firstwatch Entrepreneurial Challenge 2021 is live | #Entrepreneur | Simo Nzama | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021