“The journeys of entrepreneurs are a tapestry of successes and failures. What we learn along the way defines the business people and companies we create” Jaco Maritz .
Jaco started his journey with a keen interest in sharing stories, his initial journey saw him as a photographer, but as with many entrepreneurs he soon found other avenues to express himself and share stories. We live in a world where content, confidence and collaboration are the 3 key things. This naturally led him to the online world and he started a number of online ventures, eventually landing up handling the online content for a large media house in SA.
It was not long before Jaco started to spread his wings and his curiosity around business in Africa peaked its head. A journey of discovery was the new path of Jaco and the founding of Maritz Africa was a natural progression – AFRICA’S SMARTEST BUSINESS INFORMATION COMPANY.
We chat to Jaco about the writing and publishing of How We Made It In Africa where he shares the journeys of 25 thriving African entrepreneurs sharing their journeys, key learning’s and business insights.
The company has 3 significant units in it namely;
How we made it in Africa; How we made it in Africa, established in April 2010, is an award-winning pan-African online business publication
Maritz Africa Intelligence -A producer of research reports and white papers focusing on market trends, opportunities and strategies.
SVW COMMUNICATIONS – Custom-made communication formulas to reach your goals. Constructive, well-researched press engagement guaranteed – personalised and strategic, with strong content at the core. Gone are the days of generic press releases.
- A shotgun approach just leaves a big hole | #BrunchWithBjörn | Björn Salsone | Rose Hare | Public Relations | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 15, 2021
- Apple Updates – Features overhaul for all things ‘i’ |#Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 15, 2021
- What tribes have emerged post Covid-19? | #Trends | Dion Chang | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Flux Trends - June 14, 2021
- Living in the moment and fulfilling your purpose is what entrepreneurship is all about |#EdifyWithEide | #Entrepreneur | Eide van Zyl | Shireen Onia | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 14, 2021
- Do you lead by example? PR skills and leadership | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | Priscilla Urquhart | Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages | #Podcast - June 14, 2021
- 80% of tasks between HR and business can be automated |#Wires | #ebizradio | #HR | PaySpace| Warren van Wyk | #ebizradio - June 10, 2021
- Improving Customer Service in the retail sector | #LunchtimeMarketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 10, 2021
- Inspiring Women in Sport |#Insight | Neil Wilkinson | Kryolan | SASCOC | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Conversations you need to be having now | #Leadership | Human Capital | Kevin Britz | Dr. Marcel Hattingh | City Changers Institute | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Franc(ly) – saving and investing is now accessible to everyone | #LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Sebastian Patel | Franc | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021