Mike Stopforth brings us another #OneEyedMan #OEM show and along with his industry ledgend guest, Arthur Attwell they unpack how to pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose and look at a fresh take on an ancient industry and how to innovate in publishing today.
Arthur Attwell shares his insights and key learnings about the publishing industry and the social impact of better access to information, lessons learned from the successes and failures of his entrepreneurship journey, and a range of other topics.
Arthur is the co-founder and managing director of Electric Book Works, an agency that turns ordinary publications into engaging websites, ebooks, and printed editions. He co-founded healthcare publisher Bettercare; children’s book publisher Book Dash; and Paperight, an award-winning experiment in distributed print-on-demand.
He worked for two multinational publishers before starting EBW in 2006. He’s presented and contributed to publishing resources around the world, including writing Encyclopaedia Britannica’s ‘ebook’ entry. He’s a Shuttleworth Foundation Fellow.
TO LISTEN TO THE CONVERSATION – CLICK HERE
Arthur Attwell’s personal website https://arthurattwell.com/ / The Electric Book Works website https://electricbookworks.com/ – Book Dash gathers creative professionals who volunteer to create new, African storybooks that anyone can freely translate, print and distribute https://bookdash.org/
- Why are consumers encouraged to save even in these tough times? | #Money |#Insight | #FSCAMyMoney | Lyndwill Clarke | #ebizradio | FSCA - July 23, 2021
- Beware of them COOKIES! | #LunchtimeMarketing | #LTM | Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 22, 2021
- Jou reputasie maak saak! | #DieBesigheidsKombuis | Naomi Basson | Regine le Roux | Reputation Matters | #ebizradio | #Podcast - July 22, 2021
- Renewed focus on People | Human Resources | #Management | Candice Neumann | 21st Century | #ebizradio | #Trend - July 21, 2021
- Knowing your value and worth | #ChangeConversationsWithMpume | Busi Selesho | Mpume Ncube-Daka | #Insight | #ebizradio | #Podcast - July 21, 2021
- Managing your business reputation | #Insight | Regine le Roux | Reputation Matters | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 21, 2021
- Soft Fascination whilst in a holding pattern | #Trends | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 21, 2021
- Who can we trust with our planet? | #Opinion | Burt Rodrigues | BIODX | #Sustainability | #ebizradio - July 21, 2021
- The rise and rise of the all-in-one lifestyle app | #Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | Ingrid von Stein | Gadget.co.za | #Podcast - July 20, 2021
- It’s okay to not be okay | #OneEyedMan | Mike Stopforth | Bridget McNulty | Podcast | #Insight | #ebizradio - July 20, 2021