Mike Stopforth brings us another #OneEyedMan #OEM show and along with his industry ledgend guest, Arthur Attwell they unpack how to pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose and look at a fresh take on an ancient industry and how to innovate in publishing today.
Arthur Attwell shares his insights and key learnings about the publishing industry and the social impact of better access to information, lessons learned from the successes and failures of his entrepreneurship journey, and a range of other topics.
Arthur is the co-founder and managing director of Electric Book Works, an agency that turns ordinary publications into engaging websites, ebooks, and printed editions. He co-founded healthcare publisher Bettercare; children’s book publisher Book Dash; and Paperight, an award-winning experiment in distributed print-on-demand.
He worked for two multinational publishers before starting EBW in 2006. He’s presented and contributed to publishing resources around the world, including writing Encyclopaedia Britannica’s ‘ebook’ entry. He’s a Shuttleworth Foundation Fellow.
TO LISTEN TO THE CONVERSATION – CLICK HERE
Arthur Attwell’s personal website https://arthurattwell.com/ / The Electric Book Works website https://electricbookworks.com/ – Book Dash gathers creative professionals who volunteer to create new, African storybooks that anyone can freely translate, print and distribute https://bookdash.org/
- Chery Tiggo 7 Pro launched | #Motoring | #Biking | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - May 20, 2022
- Call Centres should be SOLUTION CENTRES! | #Marketing | #LunchtimeMarketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Podcasts - May 20, 2022
- THE WEEK THAT WAS | #News | #NewsUpdates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - May 20, 2022
- FREE eCommerce Virtual Summit opens registrations for entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #eCommerce | The Insaka eCommerce Academy - May 19, 2022
- Running like the wind into the future | #Technology | #Running | #Gadgets | Arthur Goldstuck | #Podcast - May 19, 2022
- Are you even aware of yourself? | #Coaching | #LunchtimeCoaching | #HR | #Entrepreneur | Kevin Britz | Akhona Tota | Silu Business Partners - May 18, 2022
- The symbiotic relationship of sport and Education | #Opinion | #Insight | #Education | #Sport | The Love Trust - May 18, 2022
- Its time to THINK about social media and your business | #Entrepreneurs | #SocialMedia | #Marketing | Björn Salsone | Lesley-Anne Mallon | THINK Social Media - May 17, 2022
- From a 2l ice-cream container to the hottest restaurant in Joburg | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Ling Chiu | Obento Ramen Bar - May 17, 2022
- Pay the S.I.U | #News | #NewsHeadlines | #Podcast | Kuhle Tshabalala - May 13, 2022