Mike Stopforth brings us another #OneEyedMan #OEM show and along with his industry ledgend guest, Arthur Attwell they unpack how to pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose and look at a fresh take on an ancient industry and how to innovate in publishing today.
Arthur Attwell shares his insights and key learnings about the publishing industry and the social impact of better access to information, lessons learned from the successes and failures of his entrepreneurship journey, and a range of other topics.
Arthur is the co-founder and managing director of Electric Book Works, an agency that turns ordinary publications into engaging websites, ebooks, and printed editions. He co-founded healthcare publisher Bettercare; children’s book publisher Book Dash; and Paperight, an award-winning experiment in distributed print-on-demand.
He worked for two multinational publishers before starting EBW in 2006. He’s presented and contributed to publishing resources around the world, including writing Encyclopaedia Britannica’s ‘ebook’ entry. He’s a Shuttleworth Foundation Fellow.
TO LISTEN TO THE CONVERSATION – CLICK HERE
Arthur Attwell’s personal website https://arthurattwell.com/ / The Electric Book Works website https://electricbookworks.com/ – Book Dash gathers creative professionals who volunteer to create new, African storybooks that anyone can freely translate, print and distribute https://bookdash.org/
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Music and Food are forever intertwined | #Music | #Food | Brunch with Bjorn | Bjorn Salsone | J Something | Joao da Fonseca | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Mr Hare meets Mr Mandela | #Theatre | #Entertainment | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Daniel Geddes | #Podcast - September 19, 2022
- The Week that Was | #News | #NewsUpdates | Kuhle Tshabalal | #Podcast - September 16, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - September 15, 2022
- Counting the ever-increasing cost: Impact of the ongoing attacks and looting on road freight | #Insight | #Trucking | Road Freight Association | Gavin Kelly - September 15, 2022
- Why Human-Centered leadership is needed today | #Insight | #Leadership | #Business | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - September 15, 2022