More and more companies are re-thinking their executive teams and outsourcing the financial aspect of their operations. In this modern age of dynamic and complex business markets replete with endless streams of new technology, automation and digitalisation, it is nearly impossible to stay abreast. Mounting operating expenses and inefficient labour in this financial climate are also not helping businesses achieve their envisaged growth.
Addressing these challenges from an operational and strategic perspective should not be taken lightly and certainly requires expert input. Considering an outsourced option for the financial operations of your company can be suitably beneficial. Handre Lourens, business rescue practitioner and consultant at Hobbs Sinclair says, “The question you have to ask yourself is, does your business merit a full-time financial manager or financial director, or are you best placed to outsource this crucial function?”
The trend is with outsourcing, and here’s why:
Outsourcing your financial function and operations brings the advantage of securing a practised professional tailored to the requirements of your business – when you need it, how you need it – without the burden of employing someone full-time at the high cost of a permanent, qualified professional.
Strategic decision-making and up-scaling
An outsourced financial go-to person will assist with business growth by managing your working capital cycle, cash flow, strategic decision-making and mitigation of risks, critical in the scale-up phase of any business.
Monitoring your business
Experts in financial management, with diversified skill-sets and knowledge, will implement systems to mitigate risk and devise management accounts to monitor your business. This will enable better strategic decisions for growing revenue and customer base, cutting costs while increasing productivity and efficiency.
Growing your business requires financial backing. If you need bank finance to develop your business, a bank will be expecting an in-depth forecast and detailed business plan. Expert input in this regard is extremely valuable to your application.
If your business is booming and you have secured a sustainable market share, your customers are happy and your bottom line is smiling, the next phase of efficient tax planning is critical. Lourens suggests, “Before the taxman comes knocking on your door, get the experts in to ensure your tax planning is as efficient as possible and, most importantly, to make sure you have made sufficient cash flow provisions.”
At the end of an era, when it’s time to sell your business, outsourced tax professionals will efficiently evaluate your business to ensure you receive the capital you deserve for all your hard work, sweat and tears…
Hobbs Sinclair Chartered Accountants, a medium-sized financial services firm situated in Claremont, Cape Town, has over 20 years’ experience. It is owned, managed and directed by two highly qualified and experienced partners in the business and financial services sectors.
- Create is the most awarded advertising agency in Mozambique | #eBizWires|Article - March 1, 2021
- From the Cape Flats to leading a R400 million start-up | #Leadership | #Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson | Christelle Colman | Elite Risk - March 1, 2021
- The business of podcasting | #Insight | Nicole Engelbrecht | Ingrid von Stein |#ebizradio |#podcast |#ebizradio - March 1, 2021
- GOGO-GADET…..Meet Kyle Shiel – Advanced Life Support Paramedic | Tales from my stethoscope |#ebizradio | # Podcast |#PayItForward - February 25, 2021
- The difference of marketing directly to consumers and then business to business |#Marketing | #KevinBritz | Craig Page-Lee |#Podcast |#ebizradio - February 25, 2021
- Just ask Linda! |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Linda Dent |#ebizradio |#Podcast - February 24, 2021
- Lets find out about The African Coaching Council |#Coaching |#Leadership |#Kevinbritz | Sophie Bruas - February 23, 2021
- WHY LEADERSHIP IN A PARTNERSHIP? | #LTL | #Leadership | #Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson | #ebizradio| #Podcast - February 22, 2021
- CES 2021; a online adventure | #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - February 22, 2021
- Do you know what its like being a front-line ER paramedic in SA? | Tales from my stethoscope | Kevin Shaun Eaton |#Payitforward |#Podcast |#ebizradio - February 18, 2021