On the 18th July, the world celebrated International Nelson Mandela Day. This year the day took a new meaning as the battle now also includes an invisible enemy, COVID-19 and all its other side effects.
In 2020, the essence of Mandela Day – take action, inspire change, and make every day a Mandela Day – is more important than ever before.
Communities across the world are affected by Covid-19, which has affected economies, causing new social and economic challenges and exacerbating old ones. But, there is hope. On a scale never seen before, individuals, donors, foundations, institutions, civil society organisations and corporate partners are finding ways to help those in need of support.
When the National State of Disaster was announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa, the protection of children against Covid-19 became a priority and we continue to advocate for this.
SOS Children’s Villages South Africa is committed to taking all possible steps to protecting children. Part of this has included limiting non-essential visits to the Programmes. While Mandela Month is about acts of service, this limitation of visits means volunteering and services at our Programmes has become very difficult.
- Ground One Coffee is stirring it up! | #LTM | Lunchtime Marketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Shane Radebe | Letsi Mailula | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Hollard Insure - November 25, 2021
- Roche launches cobas pureintegrated solutions analyser to help simplify operations in small to medium sized labs |#News | #Medical | Roche Diagnostics Sandra Orta - November 24, 2021
- Young artists invited to illustrate the spirit of wealth | Ubuntu Invest | Art | Neliswe Msango |Competition | #ebizradio | #Podcast - November 24, 2021
- Excuse Me | Unscripted Life | Clive Vanderwagen | Bongi Archi | #SupportLocal | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 23, 2021
- Every behavior is driven by a motivation | #LTL | Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- South Africa’s most attractive Employers – Universum Global demystifies the new employment landscape | #HumanResources | #Insight | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- In the NEWS – the week that was | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #eBizradio | #Podcast - November 19, 2021
- Let all children know they’re loved this – Universal Children’s Day | #News | Dr Jerry Gule | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - November 19, 2021
- THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS – A story of a movie that shaped an entrepreneur’s vision | #Opinion | Nelisiwe Masngo | Ubuntu Invest | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021
- The Firstwatch Entrepreneurial Challenge 2021 is live | #Entrepreneur | Simo Nzama | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021