Since 2011, vehicles that can’t pass a roadworthy test aren’t allowed to register on the National Traffic Information System (eNaTIS). What’s needed is a system that can provide border officials with greater insight into the ownership, status and validity of a bike so they can prevent it from crossing into another country. A system that adds a little more peace of mind when it comes to protecting your bike. Fraud and theft are high, especially for assets not lying under the eNaTIS banner as there is no way of telling that the person taking it over the border is the legal owner.
This complete lack of a system to protect people saw the introduction of the Southern Africa Moveable Assets Register (SAMAR). This initiative provides you with a trackable record of your bike. Border officials and the South African Police Services have easy access to the SAMAR register and use it to identify the property and its owner. Border officials and police can immediately check the ownership of the asset as the names of the titleholder and owner are maintained and updated in real time.
SAMAR has created high security asset labels that are designed to withstand significant pressure and tampering. When attached to your bike, these labels instantly place it into a vast database designed to keep track of movements and keep you informed. Registering your bike only costs a once-off fee of R80 and that’s it. Then it’s finally taken back that layer of protection that was taken away.
- Philanthropy: Restoring human dignity through innovation in SA|#PayItForward |#ebizradio - October 30, 2020
- #POWERTOTHEPIXEL 2020 |Fak’ugesi Festival |#MbaliNdhlovu | Dr Tegan Bristow |#Digital |#Podcast - October 30, 2020
- What is the difference between SOCIAL SELLING and SOCIAL MARKETING? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Podcast - October 29, 2020
- Positivity, Authentic and Consistency – That’s how to build a brand |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |#DannyPainter - October 29, 2020
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020