In the Post 9/11 world a number of factors have combined to create a problem most of us never expected: Information (and civil liberties) have been curtailed in efforts to hinder attacks from terrorists of varying stripes.
One such means of surveillance was developed by NSA (National Security Agency) of the USA. The software exploited a weakness in Microsoft XP operating software and allowed the Agency to track and monitor individuals and equipment.
Something then went terribly wrong; it is not known how, but part of that software ended up on the dark-net, where it was hastily re-engineered by hackers and then sent out to attacks networks the world over.
The resulting chaos affected almost every country on the planet, notable victims included Spanish Telecoms, Google and the NHS (National Health Service) of the UK.
Many users reported having to pay hefty ransoms to get back access to their pc’s, the payments were forced to be in the cryptocurrency BitCoin.
For this Podcast, Sebastian Stroebel and Mustafa Al-Bassam from DRS joins us to discuss hacking, hacking culture post 9/11 as well as the Ransomware WannaCry.
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021