Entitled Sessions for South Africa, Brent Lindeque’s Good Things Guy platform is aiming to inspire and lend a lifeline to South African musicians over this difficult time. The first live streamed session will feature Freshlyground’s Zolani Mahola on the 11th April. A portion of the proceeds will go to the SA Solidarity Fund.
“With South Africa on lockdown, one of our largest pools of natural talent is unable to provide much-needed inspiration to the nation, with many also battling to cover their monthly costs,” he says. “The reality is that even after the lockdown period has ended, for many South African artists the prospects of earning income are slight as social distancing is expected to remain for many months into the future, effectively destroying the live music industry.”
Good Things Guy, in partnership with top South African musicians, aims to change that, by streaming a series of intimate performances to the South African public over major social media channels and on the web. Using a unique and secure interactive platform, top South African artists will perform intimate concerts from their homes while taking part in live chats on the stream, and even asking the audiences to nominate the next song, or explain the background to the track.
Brent adds that corporate sponsorship options are also available. “We do need the assistance of corporates in order to continue and extend this initiative, not only to support local artists but also to create active citizens during Covid-19 and beyond.”
The Good Things Guy platform will promote the sessions as a means to support South African talent over this difficult time. Sessions for South Africa, Episode One features the legendary voice of Zolani Mahola, a South African Singer (Freshlyground), actress, songwriter and storyteller.
Her 17 year collaboration with Pan-African super group Freshlyground saw her collaborating with the biggest stars on the African continent as well as Columbian superstar Shakira. He has shared stages and sung with the likes of Stevie Wonder, Hugh Masakela, Jonny Clegg and Yo-Yo Ma.
Zolani Mahola has recently embarked on a solo journey which holds Story at the heart of her offering.
Tickets for the live stream are available now through Quicket at just R10 to support local artists and a portion will be donated to the SA Solidarity fund.
Corporates wishing to support this initiative can contact Andrew Ross of Chaos Theory on 083 400 9031 or [email protected] or James Cameron on 079 130 3784.
The Good Things Guy can be found at www.goodthingsguy.com, on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- New uses for Commercial Office Space| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang | Podcasts - September 28, 2020
- Why cultivating leadership is imperative to every organisation! |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Passmore Matupire |#Podcast |#Leadership |#ebizradio - September 28, 2020
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020
- The Attention Economy and its Impact on Media |Donald Mokgale |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Carat - September 23, 2020
- Broke, homeless but resilient |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton |#Wellness |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 22, 2020
- Democratising Investing| #eBizInsights | Sebastian Patel| #Podcast |#FRANC - September 22, 2020
- How 10 minutes can literally change you as a leader |#LTL |#KevinBritz |#Naomi Basson |Nick Howes |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 21, 2020
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020