Gold Travel, a Cape Town-based corporate travel service specialist, has recently achieved a Level Two B-BBEE rating after implementing 52.5% black ownership and 31.5% black woman ownership in partnership with NetValue™ Equity Partners, also based in Cape Town. The certification falls under the Qualifying Small Enterprise classification in the Tourism Sector Code, a category which has recently been under the spotlight for its slow pace of transformation.
The travel and tourism industry has recently seen the back of two of its biggest South African trade shows – World Travel Market Africa and the stalwart travel exhibition, Tourism Indaba, held in Durban last week. Seemingly, a common topic under the spotlight is the rate of transformation in the South African travel trade. Speaking at the annual Women in Tourism Event at the Indaba, newly elected Minister of Tourism Tokozile Xasa raised concerns about the slow pace of transformation in the sector.
Commenting on their positive achievement, Konrad Laker, CEO of Gold Travel, said that as a South African business owner transformation is a priority policy. “Tourism is an integral part of the South African economy and transformation should be at the forefront of the industry. This marks a significant milestone in our transformation drive; we will continue to find ways of enhancing our B-BBE efforts.”
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020