Exhibition organisers, venues, associations and service providers from around the world are uniting behind a global initiative to stage Global Exhibitions Day.
Driven by the Paris-based UFI (The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry) and the Dallas-based IAEE (The International Association of Exhibitions and Events), a growing list of associations and industry players have pledged to join forces for Global Exhibitions Day to promote the industry and highlight its achievements.
“We are amazed by the support that this concept has received already,” says Kai Hattendorf, UFI Managing Director.
David DuBois, IAEE President, and CEO, says, “As preparations progress, we are inviting every player in our industry to get involved.”
EXSA General Manager Phumulani Hlatshwayo is calling on the South African industry to rise to the occasion on 7 June 2017 for a Potjie competition at the Johannesburg Expo Centre.
“This activation is designed to bring industry players and stakeholders together for a truly South African experience. We invite you to team up and produce your tastiest Potjie creation” says Hlatshwayo.
The programme will run as follows:
09:30 – 10:00 Guests arrive
10:00 – 11:00 Welcome address & competition rules
11:00 – 15:00 Potjie cooking, networking and entertainment
15:00 Judges select winners and teams get to sample each other’s creations
The admission fee is R1500 per team (of 10 or less members), which guarantees space to prepare the Potjie, power, gas and snacks. Teams are encouraged to bring ingredients, equipment and utensils as well as beverages for the day. Those not participating are welcome to attend too.
Hlatshwayo adds, “The aim is to come together to network and celebrate our industry in a fun, relaxed and informal way.”
Kindly RSVP to Thuli Ndlovu at [email protected]
- Why learning and development matters – An empowered employee shares his thoughts | #Insights | Tebogo Sethabela | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Diversity and inclusion in the workplace promotes creativity and productivity | #LunchtimeSeries | #Marketing | #Insights | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021