2021 winners of the Porcupine Ridge Pizzeria Challenge – Gino’s Restaurant was born on the 1st of November of 1983. Although this was the brainchild of eldest son Gino (Biagino) Mazza, the entire family from father Guiseppe to mom Antonia as well as sisters Carmela and Maria and youngest brother, Domenico (Dom) were drawn into the business in true Italian style.
Today Gino’s has two family run restaurants. The original Gino’s still remains in the heart of Robertsham and is run by Gino and his sister Carmela. Gino’s two daughters help out on weekends and school holidays and many of the original staff members are still loyal employees at the restaurant. The Mazza family is proud of the fact that many of their original customers are loyal patrons who still frequent their restaurant, often with their children and grandchildren.
There is no doubt that many sacrifices have to be made in order to run a restaurant, but the owners of Gino’s believe that Gino’s is more than a meal, it is a family orientated restaurant, where they do not subscribe to trends. Their ethos is on serving consistently good food at affordable prices, no matter what your age or stage.
Find out more about The Porcupine Ridge Pizzeria Challenge click here
- Opening a business in South Africa? | #Insight | Business Brunch | Bjorn Salsone | Ankita Vyas Bohra | Indiana House - August 18, 2022
- Why is EQ so important? | #Insight | #Coaching | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Anja van Beek | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- When can South African stop eating meat? | #Insight | Big Fish Stories | Eitan Stern | Brett Thompson | Mzansi Meat Co | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- Why getting LinkedIn right is vital for your career | #Insights | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Nompumelelo Mshengu | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- The strain of holding the sword by the blade: The health and well-being of women in our poorest communities | #Insights | Charmaine Gola | The Love Trust - August 16, 2022
- What do architects actually do? | #BusinesBrunch | #Business | #Entrepreneur | Bjorn Salsone | Michelle Maltz Shevelew | M2S Architects | #Podcast - August 16, 2022
- Women are winning in the Wine World | #Entrepreneur | #Wines | #Winery | Lindi Tshabangu | Silindile Zuma | Nanola Wines | #Podcast - August 15, 2022
- How do we support those businesses with a turnover over R10 million? | #Insight | #Growth | #Business | Ingrid von Stein | Diane Boorman - August 15, 2022
- Are you ready for the drone economy? | #Technology | #Economy | #Insight | Dean Conde | iOCO Digital - August 12, 2022
- Same Old Story | #Music | Business Brunch | #Artist | Björn Salsone | Lia Elise | #Podcast - August 11, 2022