More known for his work in establishing Kulula Airline in South Africa, Gidon Novick is a serial entrepreneur and a wonderful success story….
Today we chat to him about a project he has become involved in, that of Food Security, specifically in a RSA context via SAHarvest.org
As most people are still in Lockdown for the foreseen future due to Covid-19, Food security has rapidly become a issue, especially in the poorer communities across the Country.
We profile how SAHarvest.org is assisting in alleviating this problem as well as how other individuals and Companies can assist during these tough times.
Behind the scenes; SA HARVEST collects quality surplus food in refrigerated vehicles from a variety of sources and delivers it direct, without delay, and free of charge, to a wide variety of organizations that feed food-vulnerable people on a daily basis.
Recipient organizations get a sufficient variety of food types that enables them to provide full and nourishing meals to their people.
SA Harvest is based on Australia’s highly successful OzHarvest, which, in addition to South Africa is being replicated in the U.K., Thailand and New Zealand.
OzHarvest was founded by entrepreneur Ronni Kahn in 2004. Kahn, an ex-South African, has given outstanding service to her country, which has been recognized through a host of awards, including the Order of Australia (AO). So impactful is OzHarvest that the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) chose them to be their partner in Australasia in the fight against food waste.
In the 15 years of its existence, OzHarvest has delivered more than 100 million meals and has saved more than 35,000 tons of food that would otherwise gone to landfill.
About Gidon – Gidon is the founder of Lucid Ventures. He is also well known as the founder of kulula.com. He spent twelve years in the tough airline industry, where he innovated and redefined the airline space.
He also launched the SLOW Lounge Concept. After leaving the airline industry he spent three years at Discovery as the CEO of Vitality and Head of Digital. He is a qualified CA(SA) and has an MBA from Kellogg School of Management.
- We take our bodies to gym! Why don’t we exercise our brains? |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |#Podcast |#ebizradio | Jacques Rousseau - September 30, 2020
- New Phones enter the RSA Market | eBizTechnology| Arthur Goldstuck| Podcast - September 30, 2020
- Hospitality: From Lockdown, to now and more importantly, going forward | #eBizInsights | Graham Wood of Sun International | Podcast - September 30, 2020
- Why are we as African’s still turning a blind eye to child abuse and neglect, holding no-one accountable? - September 29, 2020
- Why is local no longer lekker? | #eBizWires | Richard Firth - September 29, 2020
- The evolution of email to emerge as a marketing power tool| #eBizWires - September 29, 2020
- New uses for Commercial Office Space| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang | Podcasts - September 28, 2020
- Why cultivating leadership is imperative to every organisation! |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Passmore Matupire |#Podcast |#Leadership |#ebizradio - September 28, 2020
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020