More known for his work in establishing Kulula Airline in South Africa, Gidon Novick is a serial entrepreneur and a wonderful success story….
Today we chat to him about a project he has become involved in, that of Food Security, specifically in a RSA context via SAHarvest.org
As most people are still in Lockdown for the foreseen future due to Covid-19, Food security has rapidly become a issue, especially in the poorer communities across the Country.
We profile how SAHarvest.org is assisting in alleviating this problem as well as how other individuals and Companies can assist during these tough times.
Behind the scenes; SA HARVEST collects quality surplus food in refrigerated vehicles from a variety of sources and delivers it direct, without delay, and free of charge, to a wide variety of organizations that feed food-vulnerable people on a daily basis.
Recipient organizations get a sufficient variety of food types that enables them to provide full and nourishing meals to their people.
SA Harvest is based on Australia’s highly successful OzHarvest, which, in addition to South Africa is being replicated in the U.K., Thailand and New Zealand.
OzHarvest was founded by entrepreneur Ronni Kahn in 2004. Kahn, an ex-South African, has given outstanding service to her country, which has been recognized through a host of awards, including the Order of Australia (AO). So impactful is OzHarvest that the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) chose them to be their partner in Australasia in the fight against food waste.
In the 15 years of its existence, OzHarvest has delivered more than 100 million meals and has saved more than 35,000 tons of food that would otherwise gone to landfill.
About Gidon – Gidon is the founder of Lucid Ventures. He is also well known as the founder of kulula.com. He spent twelve years in the tough airline industry, where he innovated and redefined the airline space.
He also launched the SLOW Lounge Concept. After leaving the airline industry he spent three years at Discovery as the CEO of Vitality and Head of Digital. He is a qualified CA(SA) and has an MBA from Kellogg School of Management.
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021