The yard is a critical yet invisible stage, significantly impacting both inbound and outbound execution efficiency. Trackmatic is putting a spotlight on the yard, making every activity fully transparent, traceable and insightful.
The highly regulated world of the pharmaceutical supply chain can be complex and challenging. There are risks around product that are impacted by variation in temperature, humidity, slow deliveries and other deviations from ideal transport and logistic practices. This is particularly true if their systems and supply chain operations are not monitored and managed timeously.
The yard has long been the underused and undervalued link in the supply chain process, often congested and rarely appreciated. It should be a carefully choreographed dance from gate to gate as trucks move through all critical execution processes. However, for many logistic operators, the yard is where trucks come to unexpected halts due to congestion, dwell times reach unmanageable proportions and a lack of visibility creates costly delays. There has long been a desperate need to transform yard visibility and create seamless flow, thereby optimising assets, reducing dwell times and gaining insights through meaningful data and analytics.
Primary issues that that impact significantly on the yard performance of pharmaceutical companies include; delayed deliveries and poor management of both inbound and outbound schedules. This is further compounded by manual yard processes and inefficient and time-consuming administration practices which cause increased errors and delayed paperwork. Poorly managed operations with no accurate real-time information creates unforeseen truck delays and unnecessary detention. But worst of all, the lack of visibility into truck arrivals impacts on the execution process and is often made worse when gate administration is managed manually or there are disparate gate control & access systems. The overall result is a yard with no predictability or control.
Pharma supply chains are complex and reach a customer base rivaled by few. The increased access to copious amounts of data and the rise of data-driven technologies; including artificial intelligence, IoT, and cognitive computing, that ultimately thrive are those at the forefront of digital transformation, capitalising on these new technologies says David Slotow, CEO Trackmatic.
Many of the challenges that have traditionally impacted on yard inefficiencies can be overcome by innovative technology platforms and digital applications. Organisations need to become more proactive and action-driven in the way in which they manage their supply chains, both in taking advantage of future opportunities and avoiding potential future disruptions. They will need to enhance their risk mitigation by analysing their performance data, continuously identifying evolving patterns, assessing bottlenecks and identifying improvement initiatives.
Analytics is playing an increasingly important role in shaping the future of the pharma industry. It is becoming critical to anticipate future scenarios and make better recommendations in areas such as supply chain planning, sourcing and transportation.
Trackmatic is pioneering innovative technology solutions that solve transportation and distribution challenges by helping clients achieve improved operational efficiency, better on-road execution and customer delight. Trackmatic Link, a fully integrated mobility solution designed specifically to target the limitations inherent in yard visibility was designed and conceptualised alongside the company’s clients who were frustrated with existing yard execution solutions on the market. The solution ensures that all crucial movement and activity is tracked in real-time, which allows for anyone to see where trucks are, at any given time and in which process. The live execution dashboard provides real-time information on delays and dwell times for continued operational control and proactive management.
Trackmatic has long since recognised the industry trends and challenges that impact on logistic operators and has differentiated itself by providing clients with digital solutions that deliver tangible results in their business context. Trackmatic understands the unique operational challenges and constraints impacting the pharma industry and has partnered with leading Pharmaceutical companies to develop first-to-market solutions that utilise customised and tailored execution management tools. All Trackmatic’s software solutions are designed to provide actionable-insight through business intelligence (BI) models. Insight Flow, empowers all stakeholders with a consolidated view of operational performance for improved decision-making and increased cross-departmental collaboration.
Trackmatic Link, is proving its ability to transform yard flow and ensure delivery excellence. It is equipping and enabling yard operators with the tools to drive higher levels of compliance, improving shift capacity, reducing offloading times and improving overall vehicle turnaround times.
Disruptive technology and transcendent UI is paving a new path and shifting the future of logistics.
Technology is an agent of change but people are the catalyst. Trackmatic simplifies logistics through people-led, tech-enabled mobile solutions. Formed in 2009 by visionary CEO David Slotow, Trackmatic strives to be not just excellent but exceptional. South Africa’s leading logistics companies turn to Trackmatic as their preferred technology partner because they see things differently, striving to build world class software solutions that enable clients to perfect their business flow and achieve their operational KPIs.
Trackmatic is a pathfinder. They pioneer, collaborate, trailblaze and continuously create technology solutions to solve logistics industry challenges.
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021