We live in a world that is evolving and changing at a dramatic pace. The rapid rate of technology evolution and product and service innovation is fundamentally changing the way audiences consume media. Media formats are converging with digital leading the way, increasing the number of times and ways that a single brand can be experienced by audiences in the same place – from highly interactive and immersive content rich mobile experiences, to stimulated visual engagements on digital networks in airports and other high-dwell time environments.
The fight for consumer attention is therefore greater than ever before and it is imperative that marketers and advertisers do not waste time and budget targeting the wrong audiences and delivering ineffective campaigns, or missing out on reaching that last individual consumer that turns a positive brand experience into a game changing future for that brand.
So how do we really get to communicate with consumers in a meaningful way? How do we get to understand what is important to them and what appeals to them? How do we get to understand what the interests and behaviours of shoppers in South Africa are and who their trusted shopping advisors are?
The latest Consumer Connection System (CCS) 2014 results is the guide to navigating the mind of the South African consumer. CCS is a Dentsu Aegis Network research tool which not only tells us how many people consume a specific media channel, but more importantly, what role that channel plays in their daily lives, how they use it, how it influences their perceptions and purchase decisions, and what messages they are receptive to at specific times of their day.
CCS results reveal that 73% of household shoppers agree that they purchase brands that are an expression of their personality. Where do these shoppers make their purchase decisions and where do they purchase their goods? Interestingly enough, 42% of household shoppers preferred to shop at their local store rather than a big supermarket and 58% of household shoppers agree that they tend to trust brands/ products endorsed by professionals.
CCS results also reveal that social media has transformed how viewers now interact with their favourite TV shows with 38% of LSM 7-8, stating they use their mobile phones to interact with a TV show whilst watching TV. This type of interaction spurs on big opportunities for advertisers as it creates instant dialogue with consumers that allow the consumer more access to content as they are able to interact directly with the consumer.
Dentsu Aegis Network encourages clients and people to focus on the insights that will transform consumer journeys to deliver a business outcome.market.
# CCS is available to Dentsu Aegis Network clients as part of their client offering, and is available for purchase to market
- Ground One Coffee is stirring it up! | #LTM | Lunchtime Marketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Shane Radebe | Letsi Mailula | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Hollard Insure - November 25, 2021
- Roche launches cobas pureintegrated solutions analyser to help simplify operations in small to medium sized labs |#News | #Medical | Roche Diagnostics Sandra Orta - November 24, 2021
- Young artists invited to illustrate the spirit of wealth | Ubuntu Invest | Art | Neliswe Msango |Competition | #ebizradio | #Podcast - November 24, 2021
- Excuse Me | Unscripted Life | Clive Vanderwagen | Bongi Archi | #SupportLocal | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 23, 2021
- Every behavior is driven by a motivation | #LTL | Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- South Africa’s most attractive Employers – Universum Global demystifies the new employment landscape | #HumanResources | #Insight | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- In the NEWS – the week that was | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #eBizradio | #Podcast - November 19, 2021
- Let all children know they’re loved this – Universal Children’s Day | #News | Dr Jerry Gule | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - November 19, 2021
- THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS – A story of a movie that shaped an entrepreneur’s vision | #Opinion | Nelisiwe Masngo | Ubuntu Invest | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021
- The Firstwatch Entrepreneurial Challenge 2021 is live | #Entrepreneur | Simo Nzama | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021