We live in a world that is evolving and changing at a dramatic pace. The rapid rate of technology evolution and product and service innovation is fundamentally changing the way audiences consume media. Media formats are converging with digital leading the way, increasing the number of times and ways that a single brand can be experienced by audiences in the same place – from highly interactive and immersive content rich mobile experiences, to stimulated visual engagements on digital networks in airports and other high-dwell time environments.
The fight for consumer attention is therefore greater than ever before and it is imperative that marketers and advertisers do not waste time and budget targeting the wrong audiences and delivering ineffective campaigns, or missing out on reaching that last individual consumer that turns a positive brand experience into a game changing future for that brand.
So how do we really get to communicate with consumers in a meaningful way? How do we get to understand what is important to them and what appeals to them? How do we get to understand what the interests and behaviours of shoppers in South Africa are and who their trusted shopping advisors are?
The latest Consumer Connection System (CCS) 2014 results is the guide to navigating the mind of the South African consumer. CCS is a Dentsu Aegis Network research tool which not only tells us how many people consume a specific media channel, but more importantly, what role that channel plays in their daily lives, how they use it, how it influences their perceptions and purchase decisions, and what messages they are receptive to at specific times of their day.
CCS results reveal that 73% of household shoppers agree that they purchase brands that are an expression of their personality. Where do these shoppers make their purchase decisions and where do they purchase their goods? Interestingly enough, 42% of household shoppers preferred to shop at their local store rather than a big supermarket and 58% of household shoppers agree that they tend to trust brands/ products endorsed by professionals.
CCS results also reveal that social media has transformed how viewers now interact with their favourite TV shows with 38% of LSM 7-8, stating they use their mobile phones to interact with a TV show whilst watching TV. This type of interaction spurs on big opportunities for advertisers as it creates instant dialogue with consumers that allow the consumer more access to content as they are able to interact directly with the consumer.
Dentsu Aegis Network encourages clients and people to focus on the insights that will transform consumer journeys to deliver a business outcome.market.
# CCS is available to Dentsu Aegis Network clients as part of their client offering, and is available for purchase to market
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021