With global cloud providers investing into data-centres in South Africa, financial service providers are re-examining how best to approach their transition to this environment. For its part, SilverBridge is repositioning its Exergy insurance solution as a digital suite of products that can either be consumed on a modular basis or as part of an integrated whole.
“Looking at the future of the local market, cloud-based solutions are becoming a strategic priority. By leveraging our well-established partnership with Microsoft, we have shifted our approach to this environment and are expanding our solutions with new components.
This is done by either building ourselves, using functionality available on the Microsoft platform, or working with our partners,” says Lee Kuyper, COO at SilverBridge.
Traditionally, financial services customers have been hesitant to go the cloud route due to concerns around the security of sensitive financial data and regulatory issues pertaining to data sovereignty. With the arrival of the Microsoft datacentres in the country, these concerns have been largely addressed and started to ease. This is resulting in increased comfort levels in exploring the value that cloud solutions have to offer.
“We’ve been having cloud discussion with clients for a while. Some have moved prior to the arrival of the datacentres whilst others have been more cautious. But the past two years have seen a massive shift in attitude from insurers with everyone now considering how to gain benefit in some way,” says Kuyper.
This changing focus is also reflected in how SilverBridge has approached its own evolution of Exergy.
“The real value and power of the Microsoft Azure cloud is not just moving workloads to the cloud but leveraging what the platform has to offer. SilverBridge has moved the Exergy development environment into the cloud as it provides us with more innovative ways of creating and enhancing our software. For clients, this also means that instead of upgrading annually, we are moving to a place where the value created by our development teams is rolled out regularly and in smaller increments,” concludes, Kuyper.
Ultimately, the cloud is ushering in exciting opportunities to innovate using more sophisticated tools and platforms.
Behind the scenes – SilverBridge has over 23 years’ experience as a leading provider of insurance software solutions in the African financial services industry. Our footprint extends to 14 African countries. SilverBridge’s digital insurance suite allows financial services companies the opportunity to respond quickly to changing markets. With customers throughout Africa, SilverBridge has the knowledge, experience, and technology capabilities to help its clients do better business.
- True grit and resilience happens at surrender | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Cindy Alter | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - September 23, 2021
- How to reduce your digital impact | #BusinessInsight | Julien Fouriot | Crosscall | #ebizradio | #onlinebusinessradio - September 23, 2021
- Anti-corruption lawyer, author, singer – Rivoningo Maluleke | Entrepreneur | Word Of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Compound interest – The 8th wonder of the world | #Entrepreneur | #Finance | #Business | Björn Salsone | James Hemsley | #ebizradio |#onlinebusinessradio - September 21, 2021
- What is your cognitive bias? | #LunchtimeSeries | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Launch of Jelly Beanz and UNICEF-produced ‘Protect Children and Help them Heal’ resource booklet – Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 13h00-14h00 | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Clarion Events Africa evolves into the Vuka Group | #BusinessInsight | Business News | Vuka Group | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Oryx Desert Salt bringing the heart of the Kalahari to WHOLE FOODS USA | Business News | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- South Africa still has great investment appeal | Business Insight | CMTrading | ebizradio | - September 17, 2021
- Closing the Gap of Gender Inequality in the South African Labour Market | Business Insight | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 17, 2021