CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA Flip Flop Day 2022 – Friday, 18th of February – Have a heart and wear a sole!
Childhood cancer is a frightening reality that many families across South Africa have to deal with daily. South African families face the most challenging battle they will ever have to encounter – alongside the little warriors fighting on the Frontline. But luckily, these brave children and teenagers, along with their families, never have to stand alone.
Flippie is back for CHOC’s Flip Flop Day 2022
Flippie! South Africa’s favourite and most well-loved CHOC SOLE-dier. Flippie a flip-flop with a wholehearted passion for compassion. He’s stepped up to lead the movement to get every South African – young, old, corporate, casual, from the seaside to the city – to have a heart and wear a sole! All he wants us to do, quite literally, is to kick off our shoes for a day and slip on a pair of flip flops in support of the brave children and teenagers at CHOC. He is determined to get every one of us to set our 10 toes free, and walk beside our little fighters in solidarity against a disease that needs to know that we will NOT give up without a fight!
And as we ring in our 3rd year of the CHOC Flip Flop Day, we’re given a 3rd opportunity to show the children our passion & support by reminding them that they are never standing alone! CHOC’s annual event will be celebrated on the 18th February 2022, and this year it’s going to be bigger, better and filled with more sole. South Africans are certainly filled with wholesome souls when it comes to our children, showing that we can rally behind them, as CHOC SOLE-diers, and truly be a force to be reckoned with.
Where to find your Flip Flop Day stickers?
A donation of R10 gets you a Flip Flop Day sticker, then slip on your favourite flip flops and take a colourful stand with all of us in support of the brave children and teenagers of the CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation who are facing the battle against childhood cancer.
Get ready to flip your flops and join us in making a difference together! For more information or to purchase your sticker, visit a CHOC region closest to you, www.choc.org.za or pop into your local PNA or Tekkie Town store.
“I am thrilled that one of the first major fundraising events as newly appointed CEO of CHOC is the exciting Flip Flop Day. Wearing my flip flops and my sticker allows me the opportunity to emphasise that a few minutes is all it takes to make a meaningful contribution to ensure that no child or teen walks their journey alone. From children at schools, business colleagues, health workers and all other South Africans proudly showing their commitment to uplift the lives of children and teens on their cancer journey” states an excited Hedley Lewis
Who is CHOC?
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa is a registered non-profit organisation made up of caring, committed and passionate people who stand up for and support the well-being of children and teenagers diagnosed with cancer or life-threatening blood disorders and their families. The internationally recognised organisation aims to provide life-changing and all-embracing support programmes to both the child or teenager and their families, from the get-go, once a diagnosis has been made. The services they provide:
- Emotional support throughout their cancer journey; and if necessary, palliative, and end-of-life care and bereavement support.
- Practical support for patients and families, including essential Carebags, nutritional food support, bereavement support, accommodation, transport to and from treatments and educational and awareness programmes on the early warning signs of childhood cancer.
CHOC can have over 1500 children and teenagers in their care at any one time whilst offering psychosocial support to over 1500 families. As an NPO, it is essential that CHOC receive and sustain the funds to support these courageous children and teenagers to keep on fighting even when their young bodies are exhausted and hurting.
To follow CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA on Social Media:
LinkedIn (CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA)
YouTube (CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA)
Official Website (www.choc.org.za)
- Why is EQ so important? | #Insight | #Coaching | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Anja van Beek | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- When can South African stop eating meat? | #Insight | Big Fish Stories | Eitan Stern | Brett Thompson | Mzansi Meat Co | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- Why getting LinkedIn right is vital for your career | #Insights | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Nompumelelo Mshengu | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- The strain of holding the sword by the blade: The health and well-being of women in our poorest communities | #Insights | Charmaine Gola | The Love Trust - August 16, 2022
- What do architects actually do? | #BusinesBrunch | #Business | #Entrepreneur | Bjorn Salsone | Michelle Maltz Shevelew | M2S Architects | #Podcast - August 16, 2022
- Women are winning in the Wine World | #Entrepreneur | #Wines | #Winery | Lindi Tshabangu | Silindile Zuma | Nanola Wines | #Podcast - August 15, 2022
- How do we support those businesses with a turnover over R10 million? | #Insight | #Growth | #Business | Ingrid von Stein | Diane Boorman - August 15, 2022
- Are you ready for the drone economy? | #Technology | #Economy | #Insight | Dean Conde | iOCO Digital - August 12, 2022
- Same Old Story | #Music | Business Brunch | #Artist | Björn Salsone | Lia Elise | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- Understanding your customer segmentation | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - August 11, 2022