EasyDIY magazine has been a trusted guide for proud home owners to improve their living spaces, with a loyal subscriber base and a presence at major retail outlets and has been published by Wag the Dog for two years. Recently they have entered the exciting and fast paced world of online publishing with the launch of the portal, easyDIY.co.za, which aims to provide practical and useful information and advice that will grow a participative community of DIYers. The site’s primary content pillars are: Make, Maintain, Restore, Improve and Garden.
The content is friendly, accessible and trustworthy. Visitors can interact with Ask Eddy, our useful and responsive online expert. Ask Eddy is a source of answers to the many questions DIYers have.
The publishers have a solid history in the DIY industry having launched DIY Trade News in 1986 and Home Handyman in the early 1990’s. easyDIY.co.za aims to form a partnership with advertisers who: recognise value; are flexible with its offerings in terms of added value that goes both ways and is committed to meet all sales targets, thus ensuring its sustainability.
Market research commissioned by Wag the Dog proves that South Africans are ready for an accessible and inspirational source of information. Of the 15 000 respondents surveyed, 54% search for new ideas to improve their homes and look for special offers and 70% agree that it is worth paying more for quality. 55% clean and maintain their own pools. A majority of the respondents agree that the most important room in the house is the kitchen. DIYers are green supporters.
The survey revealed that when it comes to doing it the most important things, in order of importance, are: painting 55%; general repairs 36%; restoring 27%; plumbing 16% and tiling 15%. While DIY is a national pastime, men take most of the doing while women share, with men doing, the buying. Research shows that 80% of the audience are homeowners from urban areas and 20% from the rural areas. 55% of these are male and 45% are female. The target market is LSM 6-10.
The easy-to-navigate site allows a user access to tips, hints, plans and projects that will assist in improving a home. The site can be used by beginners, intermediate or skilled DIYers. Visitors have access to projects graded according to difficulty; handy tips; safety rules and more.
easyDIY.co.za goes beyond expectations creating an online community of users who want to know what to do, how to do it and what to buy. This community will share ideas and tips through our very own Ask Eddy. There will be experts to guide and advise users on making, repairing, maintaining, restoring and improving homes.
By registering, DIYers gain the benefit of a newsletter personalised to suit their interests. There will be a calendar of events including the popular DIY Divas programmes and association news will be updated. The user also has access to before and after pictures of projects as well as downloadable videos.
- Why learning and development matters – An empowered employee shares his thoughts | #Insights | Tebogo Sethabela | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Diversity and inclusion in the workplace promotes creativity and productivity | #LunchtimeSeries | #Marketing | #Insights | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021