On this Podcast of #eBizEntrepreneur, Nick chats to Rian Bornman, CEO of FlightSite and FlightSiteAgent about the growing e-commerce sector of tourism and travel arrangements…
As discussed in the Podcast, Rian explains the development of the business from its humble beginnings to now, points to look out for include:
– Rian identified the gap in the market and launched FlightSiteAgent which acts as an always on business tool for agents in the travel industry and anyone else that would like to start their own travel business or need an extra income.
– FlightSiteAgent enables people to create and manage their own travel businesses, while creating vitally needed employment.
-The lack of barriers to entry makes it easier than ever before for intrepid entrepreneurs to gain access to the industry.
-FlightSiteAgent has signed up over 4000 agents of which 400 are transactional.
-The platform works by allowing FlightSite Agents to search for seats on any airline – including low cost carriers – hold the seats and then send quotes directly from the system to their customers via e-mail or sms. Once their clients have approved the quote, FlightSite Agents pay for their bookings via credit card or EFT
-Agents determine their own service fee structure by either charging a flat mark-up or a percentage of the fare. They can also fully customise FlightSite Agent with their own brand and logo.
Bornman launched FlightSite Agent in March 2013 after he saw an opportunity to replicate the success story of Via.com, an Indian B2B online travel platform, locally. Today the company has a permanent staff complement of eight as well as a growing network of independent agents across the country.
Besides the day-to-day management of FlightSite Agent, Bornman has recently completed his EMBA thesis with the Universtiy of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business. It is about the mainstream market’s acceptance of innovation for which he’s using FlightSite Agent as a case study.
Alongside FlightSite Agent, Bornman is the managing director of their B2C brand FlightSite.com, which operates in six countries across the African continent.
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021