On this Podcast of #eBizEntrepreneur, Nick chats to Rian Bornman, CEO of FlightSite and FlightSiteAgent about the growing e-commerce sector of tourism and travel arrangements…
As discussed in the Podcast, Rian explains the development of the business from its humble beginnings to now, points to look out for include:
– Rian identified the gap in the market and launched FlightSiteAgent which acts as an always on business tool for agents in the travel industry and anyone else that would like to start their own travel business or need an extra income.
– FlightSiteAgent enables people to create and manage their own travel businesses, while creating vitally needed employment.
-The lack of barriers to entry makes it easier than ever before for intrepid entrepreneurs to gain access to the industry.
-FlightSiteAgent has signed up over 4000 agents of which 400 are transactional.
-The platform works by allowing FlightSite Agents to search for seats on any airline – including low cost carriers – hold the seats and then send quotes directly from the system to their customers via e-mail or sms. Once their clients have approved the quote, FlightSite Agents pay for their bookings via credit card or EFT
-Agents determine their own service fee structure by either charging a flat mark-up or a percentage of the fare. They can also fully customise FlightSite Agent with their own brand and logo.
Bornman launched FlightSite Agent in March 2013 after he saw an opportunity to replicate the success story of Via.com, an Indian B2B online travel platform, locally. Today the company has a permanent staff complement of eight as well as a growing network of independent agents across the country.
Besides the day-to-day management of FlightSite Agent, Bornman has recently completed his EMBA thesis with the Universtiy of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business. It is about the mainstream market’s acceptance of innovation for which he’s using FlightSite Agent as a case study.
Alongside FlightSite Agent, Bornman is the managing director of their B2C brand FlightSite.com, which operates in six countries across the African continent.
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021