Financial Literacy levels in South Africa are relatively low, a culture of non investing (mainly due to economic concerns) further adds to a disconnect between the ”real” economy and the stock market, even though the two are fundamentally linked together with the prosperity of the country.
Into this quandary, entrepreneurs developed a APP tailor-made for South Africans that enables them to quickly and safely invest.
Franc was founded in 2018. After working in Discovery’s R&D lab and being exposed to a broad spectrum of financial services, Thomas (The CEO) couldn’t understand why only 5% of the country was investing, despite being top in the world for the search term ‘how to invest’.
Sebastian Patel (COO and co-Founder of Franc) and Thomas got talking and realized it was likely because of financial barriers, product complexity and limited access. Franc saw an opportunity to create a simple investment app giving access to leading cash and equity funds without minimums or limitations.
And so, Franc was born.
Since launching, Franc has won Best SA solution at MTN App Awards (2019), Voted best Financial App by Stuff Magazine (2020) and Best South African startup at Seedstars (2018).
- What is the difference between SOCIAL SELLING and SOCIAL MARKETING? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Podcast - October 29, 2020
- Positivity, Authentic and Consistency – That’s how to build a brand |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |#DannyPainter - October 29, 2020
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020