You have made the decision to open your own business and you have done research and come up with the perfect name; one that tells people immediately what your business does. Now you need to do research about the market you are aiming at.
Naomi Butuw, founder of MommyMallSA takes you through some useful tips to assist in this process;
Who are you wanting to do business with? If you are selling nappies, then your target market are parents with babies within your region. Make sure you spend time on defining your market. Its pointless if you are based in Cape Town and only deliver in this region, to be marketing to people say in Gauteng.
Who is your ideal client – get down to specifics here – your market is parents of babies wearing nappies, people who have access to money and can get to your business or afford the possible delivery charge?
Understand your client – what are they wanting and needing? Good product, good prices, easy access. Is there parking? What sizes are you offering? Are you offering a delivery service? How far will the delivery service go? You can use Survey Monkey to do research among all your connections and really find out what your potential customers are wanting/needing.
Use online tools to help you in your marketing – Google are really the masters at this. Make sure that when you put marketing into the digital arena you have the key words correct i.e. nappies; cape town; physical store near me; delivery services.
Keep track – keep track of who you are selling to, this will help you define your audience even more i.e. age, area they are coming from; what size did they buy – this is all valuable information as you are able to market to them directly when you get new stock or new sizes – remember their babies are growing.
- The difference of marketing directly to consumers and then business to business |#Marketing | #KevinBritz | Craig Page-Lee |#Podcast |#ebizradio - February 25, 2021
- Just ask Linda! |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Linda Dent |#ebizradio |#Podcast - February 24, 2021
- Lets find out about The African Coaching Council |#Coaching |#Leadership |#Kevinbritz | Sophie Bruas - February 23, 2021
- WHY LEADERSHIP IN A PARTNERSHIP? | #LTL | #Leadership | #Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson | #ebizradio| #Podcast - February 22, 2021
- CES 2021; a online adventure | #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - February 22, 2021
- Do you know what its like being a front-line ER paramedic in SA? | Tales from my stethoscope | Kevin Shaun Eaton |#Payitforward |#Podcast |#ebizradio - February 18, 2021
- TV and Online streaming services in 2021 | #LTM |#Marketing |#kevinbritz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast |#ebizradio - February 18, 2021
- Rethinking how CSI is planned | Lindsay Owen of the Love Trust |#eBizPayItForward| Podcast - February 17, 2021
- The human face of mentorship, training and motivation in a pandemic | #eBizWires| Claire Herman - February 16, 2021
- The BRC announces interim data for RAMS| #eBizWires| Gary Whitaker| Podcast - February 16, 2021