Decision Inc. believes that education is key to unlocking economic and social transformation in South Africa. To cement this commitment, the company has been working closely with Mother of Peace, a non-profit organisation that provides a home to more than 25 orphaned and abandoned children. Relying solely on donations and the support of organisations like Decision Inc, Mother of Peace creates a safe haven that allows for these children to flourish.
Decision Inc. has partnered with Mother of Peace for many years, helping them with a variety of social projects and initiatives. In 2018, the company has taken this commitment a step further, creating a social group that’s focused on helping the children improve their school work and their grades.
“Every Saturday morning, twice a month, our teams of volunteers take turns to work with the children at Mother of Peace,” says Nick Bell, CEO, Decision Inc. “We assist the children in boosting their learning, reading and examination skills, providing them with the essential tools they need to thrive at school.”
At the moment, the groups help the children in three specific ways. They do homework and general school work support for Grades 08 – 12, giving the students guidance where needed. They also do reading with pre-primary school children and they are working on an exam training session that will be run on an ad hoc basis. Every part of the programme has been developed alongside Mother of Peace to ensure that Decision Inc. employees are delivering real value to the children and doing work that will have a long-term impact on their lives.
To further enhance the work the company is doing with Mother of Peace, Decision Inc. also undertook a Mandela Day initiative to repaint the learning centres and outside entertainment areas.
“At Decision Inc. we believe that the next generation is critical to the success of the country,” concludes Bell. “Working with Mother of Peace in such a focused and targeted way means that we can help the next generation achieve great things.”
About Decision Inc.
Decision Inc. a global Data, Digital and Performance Intelligence business, is a leader in enabling its clients to make better decisions, faster. Decision Inc.’s foundation is built in technology but what makes us unique is our understanding of effective decision making.
We represent leading global technology brands and are experts in the implementation, support and execution of these technologies. Our experienced consulting resources deliver decision advisory and strategy capabilities; data engineering; insight generation & presentation as well as solution enablement and support.
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021