Decision Inc. believes that education is key to unlocking economic and social transformation in South Africa. To cement this commitment, the company has been working closely with Mother of Peace, a non-profit organisation that provides a home to more than 25 orphaned and abandoned children. Relying solely on donations and the support of organisations like Decision Inc, Mother of Peace creates a safe haven that allows for these children to flourish.
Decision Inc. has partnered with Mother of Peace for many years, helping them with a variety of social projects and initiatives. In 2018, the company has taken this commitment a step further, creating a social group that’s focused on helping the children improve their school work and their grades.
“Every Saturday morning, twice a month, our teams of volunteers take turns to work with the children at Mother of Peace,” says Nick Bell, CEO, Decision Inc. “We assist the children in boosting their learning, reading and examination skills, providing them with the essential tools they need to thrive at school.”
At the moment, the groups help the children in three specific ways. They do homework and general school work support for Grades 08 – 12, giving the students guidance where needed. They also do reading with pre-primary school children and they are working on an exam training session that will be run on an ad hoc basis. Every part of the programme has been developed alongside Mother of Peace to ensure that Decision Inc. employees are delivering real value to the children and doing work that will have a long-term impact on their lives.
To further enhance the work the company is doing with Mother of Peace, Decision Inc. also undertook a Mandela Day initiative to repaint the learning centres and outside entertainment areas.
“At Decision Inc. we believe that the next generation is critical to the success of the country,” concludes Bell. “Working with Mother of Peace in such a focused and targeted way means that we can help the next generation achieve great things.”
About Decision Inc.
Decision Inc. a global Data, Digital and Performance Intelligence business, is a leader in enabling its clients to make better decisions, faster. Decision Inc.’s foundation is built in technology but what makes us unique is our understanding of effective decision making.
We represent leading global technology brands and are experts in the implementation, support and execution of these technologies. Our experienced consulting resources deliver decision advisory and strategy capabilities; data engineering; insight generation & presentation as well as solution enablement and support.
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021
- Driving demand for local businesses this festive season| #eBizWires | Daryn van Arkel |Podcast - December 18, 2020
- Why podcasting is an effective marketing tool |#Marketing | Paulo Dias |Ultimate Media | #ebizradio - December 17, 2020
- HOW DID I LAND UP HERE? #LTC |#Coaching |#KevinBritz |Julio Muhorro |Sharing Knowledge International #Podcast |#ebizradio - December 15, 2020
- Do you want to go to MONEY SCHOOL? |#Digital |#Mbali Ndhlovu | Nabeel Khan |#MoneyTalks |#podcast - December 15, 2020
- CARING IS THE FUTURE OF LEADERSHIP |#kevinbritz | Naomi Basson | #leadership | John Joubert |#cocacola |Peninsula Beverages - December 14, 2020