CT solutions and services provider Dac Systems has just reached twenty years of operations – two decades of innovation and technical expertise that helps businesses leverage software solutions to enhance operations.
Dac provides its clients with world class business solutions including ERP, Document and Records Management, Project and Portfolio Management and Workflow – be it on premise or on Microsoft’s fast growing cloud platform.
Dac Systems is directed by a group of highly qualified, experienced and passionate individuals including CEO Chris Willemse, COO Gary Regan, CRO Kirk Schafer, Finance Manager Razia Rahman, as well as Chairman and founder Gary Carter.
Gary’s story behind the establishment of Dac Systems, one of South Africa’s most formidable service providers, is based on a life-long dedication to software development, a quiet confidence and a deep spiritual awareness.
“Twenty years ago, I decided to start the company, but it was God that told me to do it. I was with the Altech group for nine years doing military software development, and it got to a stage where I wanted to shrug off the bureaucracy of a large corporate, so I decided to do software development at my own company. It was a huge step for me as I had a wife and three children at that stage, but under God’s prompting, I finally opened doors on the first of September 1995. Over the past two decades there hasn’t been one day that I felt like I made a mistake,” says Gary.
From modest beginnings
Dac Systems got its name from Gary’s nickname ‘Daks’ – which he was given at school because his uncle, a teacher at St Stithians, always wore the “Daks” branded baggy shorts.
The company first began operating from Gary’s residence, manned by Gary, Chris and a secretary.
As Gary explains, part of the reason for the success of Dac Systems (having achieved industry recognition including Gold and Silver Certifications for a range of Microsoft competencies and a Nintex Solution Innovation Finalist in 2014) is because of the level of experience and loyalty that defines its board of directors.
“The loyalty the staff and directors have for Dac is amazing. They show their commitment every day and it says something about them if they have stayed with the company for so many years. This loyalty has also resonated through to our client base, where we have been very fortunate to keep most of our customers for a very long time, and that is very rewarding and exciting,” adds Gary.
ABOUT DAC SYSTEMS
Established in 1995, Dac Systems is committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that provide companies with the competitive advantage they need for the connected age. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, we provide a truly specialised approach when it comes to identifying the solutions that best meet the needs of business, irrespective of industry.
With extensive experience in delivering world-class solutions, we understand the importance of ensuring technology systems comply with governance requirements, while still ensuring productivity in the business.
We are more than just a technology solutions provider. The company has passionate and knowledgeable people who take the time to understand the requirements of its customers and align implementations to existing business strategies, or provide guidance for the future. For us, the partnership means that we work together with our customers and technology providers to have a unified approach when it comes to successful projects.
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021