On this edition of #eBizWires, Nick Snow chats to Justin Keevy from the Carmague Incurance group about Data Protection and Cyber Crime from a African perspective…
As data becomes more useful and technology more accessible, so the need to protect these information highways -both on a personal level and a professional one- increases…. Data loss can be a major blow to businesses as can be the corruption of Hardware and Software by viruses.
Another point of discussion was how the nature of the attacks have changed as more and more people access the internet via Mobile Phones.
Senior Underwriter Commercial and Cyber Crime Division, Justin Keevy has a commerce degree, as well as his Honours in Insurance and Risk Management; and is currently finishing off a Master of Management degree in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation at Wits Business School.
He joined the Camargue Commercial Crime Insurance division in 2011 as an underwriter. Passionate about the insurance industry, he has made a positive contribution to the overall performance of the Group in the relatively short time he has been there.
Totally invested in the industry, he believes there is an inherent skills shortage in the world of insurance and would like to see more associated courses being offered at tertiary institutions: this to facilitate the entry of more graduates and skilled personnel to the industry.
- We take our bodies to gym! Why don’t we exercise our brains? |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |#Podcast |#ebizradio | Jacques Rousseau - September 30, 2020
- New Phones enter the RSA Market | eBizTechnology| Arthur Goldstuck| Podcast - September 30, 2020
- Hospitality: From Lockdown, to now and more importantly, going forward | #eBizInsights | Graham Wood of Sun International | Podcast - September 30, 2020
- Why are we as African’s still turning a blind eye to child abuse and neglect, holding no-one accountable? - September 29, 2020
- Why is local no longer lekker? | #eBizWires | Richard Firth - September 29, 2020
- The evolution of email to emerge as a marketing power tool| #eBizWires - September 29, 2020
- New uses for Commercial Office Space| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang | Podcasts - September 28, 2020
- Why cultivating leadership is imperative to every organisation! |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Passmore Matupire |#Podcast |#Leadership |#ebizradio - September 28, 2020
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020