On this edition of #eBizWires, Nick Snow chats to Justin Keevy from the Carmague Incurance group about Data Protection and Cyber Crime from a African perspective…
As data becomes more useful and technology more accessible, so the need to protect these information highways -both on a personal level and a professional one- increases…. Data loss can be a major blow to businesses as can be the corruption of Hardware and Software by viruses.
Another point of discussion was how the nature of the attacks have changed as more and more people access the internet via Mobile Phones.
Senior Underwriter Commercial and Cyber Crime Division, Justin Keevy has a commerce degree, as well as his Honours in Insurance and Risk Management; and is currently finishing off a Master of Management degree in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation at Wits Business School.
He joined the Camargue Commercial Crime Insurance division in 2011 as an underwriter. Passionate about the insurance industry, he has made a positive contribution to the overall performance of the Group in the relatively short time he has been there.
Totally invested in the industry, he believes there is an inherent skills shortage in the world of insurance and would like to see more associated courses being offered at tertiary institutions: this to facilitate the entry of more graduates and skilled personnel to the industry.
- A shotgun approach just leaves a big hole | #BrunchWithBjörn | Björn Salsone | Rose Hare | Public Relations | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 15, 2021
- Apple Updates – Features overhaul for all things ‘i’ |#Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 15, 2021
- What tribes have emerged post Covid-19? | #Trends | Dion Chang | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Flux Trends - June 14, 2021
- Living in the moment and fulfilling your purpose is what entrepreneurship is all about |#EdifyWithEide | #Entrepreneur | Eide van Zyl | Shireen Onia | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 14, 2021
- Do you lead by example? PR skills and leadership | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | Priscilla Urquhart | Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages | #Podcast - June 14, 2021
- 80% of tasks between HR and business can be automated |#Wires | #ebizradio | #HR | PaySpace| Warren van Wyk | #ebizradio - June 10, 2021
- Improving Customer Service in the retail sector | #LunchtimeMarketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 10, 2021
- Inspiring Women in Sport |#Insight | Neil Wilkinson | Kryolan | SASCOC | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Conversations you need to be having now | #Leadership | Human Capital | Kevin Britz | Dr. Marcel Hattingh | City Changers Institute | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Franc(ly) – saving and investing is now accessible to everyone | #LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Sebastian Patel | Franc | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021