In today’s ever changing software development landscape, people are adopting ways in which to decrease development costs and increase output in a shorter period with richer functionality. These factors have resulted in a lot of companies focusing on building frameworks and shifting from the traditional development approach to model driven development, where software developers are used for the complex behind the scenes work and business is empowered to build IT solutions through the use of their skills from a business process modelling perspective. Model Driven Development allows analysts to build and deploy systems without deep technical knowledge but still under the guidance of an architect.
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
— Craig Neill (@craigneill) October 1, 2012
DVT, one of South Africa’s leading software houses, has appointed Hardy Jonck to head its Mendix business unit.
Jonck, who has almost 20 years of software industry experience, ranging from war games development for the South African military to asset management systems for utilities, will be responsible for promoting Mendix’s Agile Business Platform and related application life cycle management services.
“The ability to solve business problems far more rapidly while also gaining flexibility and versatility, and the resultant impact on revenue streams, is driving the widespread adoption of agile and model-driven development,” says Jonck. “We’re enabling businesses to generate profits on their terms with systems that can be changed as required.”
Pioneered in Cape Town in 1999, with a strong national presence, DVT is black empowered and provides tailor-made software solutions. Our practical business services include .Net and Java software development, Scrum and Agile teams, Mendix software solutions, specialised professional services, business analysis, project management, business process management, contract resourcing and provisioning, recruitment and specialist software consultancy.
Our clients are large and medium sized organisations who demand reliable and predictable delivery. We work across sectors as professional delivery specialists, but retain specific industry knowledge within various vertical domains. Our dynamic, experienced teams have executed more than 1000 professional assignments since inception in 1999.
DVT has offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg and India.
Join Chris Kolbe every weekday morning from 9 to 11am for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio. Stay in touch with Chris at @Biz_Radio on twitter, Biz_radio on Skype, studio BBM 279DF0DD and [email protected] to mail him.
- Are you ready for the drone economy? | #Technology | #Economy | #Insight | Dean Conde | iOCO Digital - August 12, 2022
- Same Old Story | #Music | Business Brunch | #Artist | Björn Salsone | Lia Elise | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- Understanding your customer segmentation | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- How to stay CONNECTED whilst traveling | #Technology | Ingrid von Stein | Arthur Goldstuck | Gadget.co.za | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | #Motoring | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- The future of SA Live Music? |#BigFishStories | Eitan Stern | Simon Attwell | Legalese |#Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Can you actually measure CULTURE? | #Business | #Coaching | #HR | Kevin Britz | Jerome Parisse-Brassens | Walking the Talk | #Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | #Motoring | Tumelo Maketekete | Diesel and Dust | #Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Mothers do know best | #Entrepreneur | #Women | #Hairstyling | Bjorn Salsone | Chaz Kruger | Business Brunch | #Podcast - August 9, 2022
- Why after 250 years are we still struggling for inclusion? | #Business | #Women | Lindi Tshabangu | Kalnisha Singh | Word of Mouth | KD Strategies - August 8, 2022