In today’s ever changing software development landscape, people are adopting ways in which to decrease development costs and increase output in a shorter period with richer functionality. These factors have resulted in a lot of companies focusing on building frameworks and shifting from the traditional development approach to model driven development, where software developers are used for the complex behind the scenes work and business is empowered to build IT solutions through the use of their skills from a business process modelling perspective. Model Driven Development allows analysts to build and deploy systems without deep technical knowledge but still under the guidance of an architect.
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
— Craig Neill (@craigneill) October 1, 2012
DVT, one of South Africa’s leading software houses, has appointed Hardy Jonck to head its Mendix business unit.
Jonck, who has almost 20 years of software industry experience, ranging from war games development for the South African military to asset management systems for utilities, will be responsible for promoting Mendix’s Agile Business Platform and related application life cycle management services.
“The ability to solve business problems far more rapidly while also gaining flexibility and versatility, and the resultant impact on revenue streams, is driving the widespread adoption of agile and model-driven development,” says Jonck. “We’re enabling businesses to generate profits on their terms with systems that can be changed as required.”
Pioneered in Cape Town in 1999, with a strong national presence, DVT is black empowered and provides tailor-made software solutions. Our practical business services include .Net and Java software development, Scrum and Agile teams, Mendix software solutions, specialised professional services, business analysis, project management, business process management, contract resourcing and provisioning, recruitment and specialist software consultancy.
Our clients are large and medium sized organisations who demand reliable and predictable delivery. We work across sectors as professional delivery specialists, but retain specific industry knowledge within various vertical domains. Our dynamic, experienced teams have executed more than 1000 professional assignments since inception in 1999.
DVT has offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg and India.
Join Chris Kolbe every weekday morning from 9 to 11am for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio. Stay in touch with Chris at @Biz_Radio on twitter, Biz_radio on Skype, studio BBM 279DF0DD and [email protected] to mail him.
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021