The proliferation of media platforms available to marketers to communicate and engage with their consumers these days beckons the question “how do marketers know which is the most effective platform to choose and when to choose that platform?”
We know that different platforms appeal to different consumers at different times, irrespective of LSM’s or any other classification criteria, but knowing what accounts for the differences that exist is crucial to any marketer.
It’s obvious that we can’t, or don’t know everything there is to know about each consumer, but we do need to get to a point where, at the click of a button, we are able to ask the relevant questions that enable us to know more about each consumer and develop more effective campaign blue prints.
In essence, as marketers, the more information we have, the more informed and targeted our marketing communications will be, and this is why you need access to the Consumer Connection System (CCS) – the tool that assists you in developing more effective communications strategies to connect with your consumers.
Can you remember when last you sat and did nothing else while watching your favourite television show? No, because we are often watching our set channel or show while streaming on our tablets and using our phones to do quick searches for information or catch up with friends on a social media platforms.
With 93% of shoppers buying decisions being influenced by social media, it has become imperative that organisations online profiles speak directly to their consumers in a language that they understand; CCS ensures that your company delivers just what your audience is asking for.
Did you know this about your consumer?
Ooh we love our phones
The stats are quite incredible; the digital revolution is in full swing and you need to know what your consumers are doing and wanting from you. For example did you know that 33% of LSM 9-10 prefer reading their favourite magazine online and have two or more smartphones; that 31% of adults who own an iPhone also own a Blackberry and that 38 % of iPhone users also have a tablet?
Tablets have market penetration but their cost has limited their exposure to the South African market as only 9% of LSM 4-6 have a tablet in their household. On the other hand, the potential to increase sales through targeted promotions on mobile is very high as 32% of Smartphone users agree that they use mobile coupons when shopping.
The Television strikes back
Despite the multitude of new forms of communication and messaging, the advertising medium that smartphone users take the most notice of remains TV.
There has been a massive increase in the use of multiple technology devices by consumers, especially among younger and richer demographics, and instead of being replaced, television is incorporated as part of a “total technology and social media communications mix”.
Did you know that 28% of LSM 9-10 use a laptop to go to a brand/product’s website whilst watching TV; 38% of LSM 7-8 use their mobile phones to interact with a TV show whilst watching and 14% of LSM 4-6 watch TV daily on their smartphones?
Clearly TV advertising still needs to be part of your marketing mix.
What else can CCS offer?
CCS has in-depth information on almost anything you may want to know about your consumer from shopping, music, radio and social media habits – in fact all their lifestyle habits.
As many as 56% of Smartphone users appreciate receiving adverts about goods/services they enjoy on their phones and adults between 25-35 spend the most hours in a week browsing social networks or internet forums, whilst men who fall into LSM 7-8 do most of their online shopping between 12pm and 3pm. The favourite radio station for the LSM 9-10 bracket is 5FM.
The Consumer Connection System (CCS) is a Dentsu Aegis Network research tool which not only tells us how many people consume a specific media channel, but more importantly what role that channel plays in their daily lives, how they use it, how it influences their perceptions and what messages they are receptive to at specific times of their day. With a sample base of 6 400 LSM 4-10 adults in South Africa, CCS provides clients with unique and in-depth insights into consumer behaviour and their relationship with media.
CCS is available to Dentsu Aegis Network clients as part of their client offering and is available for purchase to the broader market.
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020
- The Attention Economy and its Impact on Media |Donald Mokgale |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Carat - September 23, 2020
- Broke, homeless but resilient |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton |#Wellness |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 22, 2020
- Democratising Investing| #eBizInsights | Sebastian Patel| #Podcast |#FRANC - September 22, 2020
- How 10 minutes can literally change you as a leader |#LTL |#KevinBritz |#Naomi Basson |Nick Howes |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 21, 2020
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020
- How to create a job search strategy to the hidden job market|#LTC |#KevinBritz | Chantelle Botha |#Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Roboteur takes the tedium out of repetitive tasks| #eBizWires | Graham Fry | Podcast - September 16, 2020