On the back of its recent fundraising spinathon for Qhubeka, specialist marketing consultancy CoAlliance has been named an official fundraising partner to the non-profit organisation. Qhubeka is World Bicycle Relief’s programme in South Africa, dedicated to advancing education, health and economic opportunities by providing simple, sustainable transportation.
Conceptualised by CoAlliance to get South Africa behind Team MTN Qhubeka at this year’s Tour de France, the “Ride the Tour” challenge was a five hour wattbike spinathon that saw 1370km pedalled. The bikes, sponsored by WattLab, recorded distance pedalled as well as wattage output, with participants competing to see who could achieve the best times and distances.
“We are extremely proud to be affiliated with an organisation like Qhubeka, and are looking forward to many more great fundraising initiatives on their behalf. We were also very happy to be able to provide support to Team MTN Qhubeka who is the first African team ever invited to participate in Tour de France, while knowing that the funds raised would change the lives of many children” says Sandi Brown, MD of CoAlliance.
“Our ability to partner with organisations through strategic partnerships, sponsorships and event collaboration stood us in good stead for the spinathon, and the event was a success as a result of the collaboration between the various sponsors, including Wattbike/Wattlab, MTN, Cycle Lab Fourways, PowerTraveller, Tarsus Technology Group, and Discovery Vitality.”
Brown adds that CoAlliance will be creating other fundraising initiatives with Qhubeka going forward, and will be actively participating in the #BicyclesChangeLives campaign to meet Qhubeka’s aim of donating 5 000 bicycles to those in need this year. “We are also engaging with corporate companies interested in hosting an internal spinathon challenge to raise funds for Qhubeka, and are excited to be able to participate in the country’s future through our partnership with this worthy organisation,” Brown concludes.
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020