On the back of its recent fundraising spinathon for Qhubeka, specialist marketing consultancy CoAlliance has been named an official fundraising partner to the non-profit organisation. Qhubeka is World Bicycle Relief’s programme in South Africa, dedicated to advancing education, health and economic opportunities by providing simple, sustainable transportation.
Conceptualised by CoAlliance to get South Africa behind Team MTN Qhubeka at this year’s Tour de France, the “Ride the Tour” challenge was a five hour wattbike spinathon that saw 1370km pedalled. The bikes, sponsored by WattLab, recorded distance pedalled as well as wattage output, with participants competing to see who could achieve the best times and distances.
“We are extremely proud to be affiliated with an organisation like Qhubeka, and are looking forward to many more great fundraising initiatives on their behalf. We were also very happy to be able to provide support to Team MTN Qhubeka who is the first African team ever invited to participate in Tour de France, while knowing that the funds raised would change the lives of many children” says Sandi Brown, MD of CoAlliance.
“Our ability to partner with organisations through strategic partnerships, sponsorships and event collaboration stood us in good stead for the spinathon, and the event was a success as a result of the collaboration between the various sponsors, including Wattbike/Wattlab, MTN, Cycle Lab Fourways, PowerTraveller, Tarsus Technology Group, and Discovery Vitality.”
Brown adds that CoAlliance will be creating other fundraising initiatives with Qhubeka going forward, and will be actively participating in the #BicyclesChangeLives campaign to meet Qhubeka’s aim of donating 5 000 bicycles to those in need this year. “We are also engaging with corporate companies interested in hosting an internal spinathon challenge to raise funds for Qhubeka, and are excited to be able to participate in the country’s future through our partnership with this worthy organisation,” Brown concludes.
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021