eBizRadio chats to Arthur Goldstuck as he gives us his weekly round-up of the big technology and gadget releases for the last week:
Data usage in South Africa has exploded!
Arthur extrapolates -from the latest Vodafone earnings report- the direction that the telecommunications industry is headed. Results for other industry players such as MTN, Cell C and Telkom are expected to be similar in regards to cell phones and smart phones. Arthur and Nick then go through some key points that highlight these trends, afterwards a discussion on the price that different sectors of society pay for data usage pointed to the fact the poor due to established business practices pay far more for data usage than richer customers.
A smartphone for all
The second part of the discussion was focused on a new super cheap smart phone that MTN is about to release into the marketplace: The Steppa:
Arthur explains why the phone is so cheap, who the phone is targeted for and the actual capabilities of the phone. This section of the podcast links very well with their discussion on the poor and how they pay for data usage, as here we see a possible solution crafted my MTN that will appeal to a large group of consumers where a gap exists in the market.
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020