We chat to Sipelile Kaseke, Head Of Programmes for SOS Children’s Villages SA, she over-sees all the 11 programmes across the country, in almost every province!
SOS Children’s Villages in a nutshell:
- Registered Public Benefit and non-profit organisation. First village built in Ennerdale JHB in 1982, now eight villages across the country
- SOS builds families for children in need, and focuses on children who have lost the care of their parents and those at great risk of losing that care
- SOS Children’s Villages provide a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children based on four principles:
o The Mother: Each child has a caring parent
o Brothers and Sisters: Family ties grow naturally
o The House: Each family creates their own home
o The Village: The SOS family is part of the community
Keeping families together:
The Family Strengthening Programme aims to enable children who are at risk of losing the care of their families to grow within a safe family environment. SOS works in co-operation with local authorities and other service providers to empower families and communities to effectively protect and care for their children. The goal is to meet the needs of children within their own communities, working in partnerships with the community.
Over 5000 are children supported by SOS in alternative Care and in the Family Strengthening Programme.
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021