We chat to Sipelile Kaseke, Head Of Programmes for SOS Children’s Villages SA, she over-sees all the 11 programmes across the country, in almost every province!
SOS Children’s Villages in a nutshell:
- Registered Public Benefit and non-profit organisation. First village built in Ennerdale JHB in 1982, now eight villages across the country
- SOS builds families for children in need, and focuses on children who have lost the care of their parents and those at great risk of losing that care
- SOS Children’s Villages provide a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children based on four principles:
o The Mother: Each child has a caring parent
o Brothers and Sisters: Family ties grow naturally
o The House: Each family creates their own home
o The Village: The SOS family is part of the community
Keeping families together:
The Family Strengthening Programme aims to enable children who are at risk of losing the care of their families to grow within a safe family environment. SOS works in co-operation with local authorities and other service providers to empower families and communities to effectively protect and care for their children. The goal is to meet the needs of children within their own communities, working in partnerships with the community.
Over 5000 are children supported by SOS in alternative Care and in the Family Strengthening Programme.
- Philanthropy: Restoring human dignity through innovation in SA|#PayItForward |#ebizradio - October 30, 2020
- #POWERTOTHEPIXEL 2020 |Fak’ugesi Festival |#MbaliNdhlovu | Dr Tegan Bristow |#Digital |#Podcast - October 30, 2020
- What is the difference between SOCIAL SELLING and SOCIAL MARKETING? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Podcast - October 29, 2020
- Positivity, Authentic and Consistency – That’s how to build a brand |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |#DannyPainter - October 29, 2020
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020