BizRadio chats to Anisa Kale the powerhouse behind Keys Communications, a company that facilitates brand access to the townships, while simultaneously uplifting the local community.
The business was inspired by a love and passion for the township, underpinned by an understanding of the potential of this niche market in terms of introducing and developing a brand to this community.
Community involvement occurs by renting the wall from the owner and then selling it as advertising space to big brands. Historically these houses were purchased by people who are now senior citizens, which means they are either retired, unemployed or on pension (or a combination of all three). As a result, the revenue from the walls can make a big difference to these people’s lives.
It is a reciprocal relationship: the township made Anisa, and now she is paying her dues, keeping money circulating in the township.
Her fascination with business was nurtured at an early age, when Anisa was introduced to trade and entrepreneurship by her father, who had a small township retail outlet, selling all sort of products. Watching her parents, cultivated a desire to start her own business, with the appeal of having the freedom to create her own space in which to work, play, and be a mother and wife. This ideal culminated in Keys Communications, a company, which together with her husband, Kabelo Kale, creates the opportunity for brand exposure in the township environment, without breaking the bank through the perfect channel of wall media which provides reach and frequency at a reasonable.
- TikTok are rocking consumer segmentation | #Marketing | #Leadership | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - August 18, 2022
- Opening a business in South Africa? | #Insight | Business Brunch | Bjorn Salsone | Ankita Vyas Bohra | Indiana House - August 18, 2022
- Weekly Motoring | Diesel and Dust | #Motoring | #Motorcycles | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - August 18, 2022
- Why is EQ so important? | #Insight | #Coaching | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Anja van Beek | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- When can South African stop eating meat? | #Insight | Big Fish Stories | Eitan Stern | Brett Thompson | Mzansi Meat Co | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- Why getting LinkedIn right is vital for your career | #Insights | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Nompumelelo Mshengu | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- The strain of holding the sword by the blade: The health and well-being of women in our poorest communities | #Insights | Charmaine Gola | The Love Trust - August 16, 2022
- What do architects actually do? | #BusinesBrunch | #Business | #Entrepreneur | Bjorn Salsone | Michelle Maltz Shevelew | M2S Architects | #Podcast - August 16, 2022
- Women are winning in the Wine World | #Entrepreneur | #Wines | #Winery | Lindi Tshabangu | Silindile Zuma | Nanola Wines | #Podcast - August 15, 2022
- How do we support those businesses with a turnover over R10 million? | #Insight | #Growth | #Business | Ingrid von Stein | Diane Boorman - August 15, 2022