Looking to further cement their presence in Kwazulu Natal and following their recent acquisition of Hotel 64 on Gordon in Durban, BON Hotels has announced the inclusion of two additional properties in the region, namely Protea Hotel Empangeni, to be named BON Hotel Empangeni, and Protea Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay, to be named BON Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay.
Guy Stehlik, CEO of BON Hotels says, “These hotels are exceptional products – they are the best in their class in their respective locations and it’s going to be our job to make sure that we build on that good base.” To ensure that the hotels do not miss a heart beat, the group’s objective is to ensure that the transition to BON Hotels’ systems and procedures is implemented with minimum fuss with the aim of securing new business and ultimately improving upon the performance of the hotels.
BON Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay offers 75 spacious, modern rooms, each with spectacular views of the ocean-front and yacht harbour. Facilities include a conference centre with 3 meeting rooms, a restaurant, cocktail bar and lounge, and swimming pool. General Manager, André de Klerk says that Richards Bay is underestimated as a tourist destination but has much to offer in terms of its pristine beaches, fishing, water sports and entertainment, along with its strong corporate offering.
BON Hotel Empangeni, located in the heart of Empangeni’s business district halfway between Durban and Swaziland, is well situated for the business and leisure traveller. Combining simplicity with understated style, accommodation comprises of 55 tastefully decorated rooms, an in-house restaurant, bar and 3 meeting rooms seating up to 230 guests. De Klerk says that this hotel is popular with the Government sector and for conferences, weddings and enjoys some domestic tourism too.
Owner of both properties and prominent member of the Richards Bay community Freddy Schoonhoven says, “BON Hotels is a young, dynamic and energetic brand that endeavours to exceed guest’s expectations in the true tradition that we as a hotel group have been accustomed to for the past 18-odd years. This new partnership will be exciting for us and our loyal guests – together we will grow with the BON brand that aims to lead us in a new direction of establishing genuine guest service excellence.”
BON Hotels has been working hard to develop their property portfolio and sales and marketing presence in KZN and are looking to further replicate the BON experience throughout South Africa for their customers. Stehlik says that as they are doing in Nigeria and Angola, the group’s strategy is to create inter-city tourism circuits to boost the industry and link important centres across South Africa. “And we are not far off from where we need to be,” he adds with a smile.
- What solutions are there for post Covid complications on the economy? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Business |#HumanResources | Kevin Britz | Jody Eiser |#ebizradio |#podcast - April 20, 2021
- The secret to e-commerce success in South Africa |#Digital | Ryan Bacher | Mike Stopforth |#ebizradio | #OneEyedMan - April 19, 2021
- Which is better – Prevention or Solutions? |#LTL | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Leadership |#Podcast | #ebizradio - April 19, 2021
- Shades between Introvert and Extrovert | Candid Conversations |#LTS | Kevin Britz | Lauren Britz |#Podcast | #ebizradio - April 16, 2021
- Tales from my stethoscope | Alan Levine | Ingrid von Stein | #PayItForward |#Podcast |#ebizradio - April 15, 2021
- Unpacking Green Packaging |#Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee |#Podcast |#ebizradio - April 15, 2021
- I’m in a sales slump! |#Sales | Sales Enablement | Shelley Walters | #Podcast | #ebizradio - April 14, 2021
- Agile transformation in your business |#Insights | Kevin Britz | Myles Hopkins | #Podcast |#ebizradio - April 14, 2021
- Brand immersion into gaming |#LetsTalkDigital |#Audrey Naidoo | Garth Rhoda|#Digital |#ebizradio - April 14, 2021
- Have you heard of The People Shop? |#Careers |#LunchtimewithKevin | Chantal Kading |#Podcast |#ebizradio - April 13, 2021