For this edition of #eBizInsights, Nick chats to Chris Blair about the South African progamme of addressing the economic inequality in the country- caused by 360 years of a minority government-. Chris is from 21st Century and founding member of the company.
One of Africa’s most respected and largest remuneration and reward consultancies – has announced that, after a two-year process of planning and implementation, the organisation has entered into a Broad-Based share ownership transaction and an Employee Share Ownership Programme. The result is a newly-named, black-owned entity incorporating the introduction of a B-BBEE trust for the 21st Century staff.
“One of the cornerstones of our company has always been social upliftment and, increasingly, transformation. This is why we started on this path a few years ago and are thrilled to see the outcome today” says Chris Blair, CEO of 21st Century. Two of the most prevalent challenges in South Africa are reducing the wage gap and enabling wealth creation. 21st Century not only advises the market on how to address these challenges, but lives the values in its own business. This transformation is a clear example of 21st Century’s leading practices.
The first company in its field to implement such changes, 21stCentury is leading the way for other organisations in the rewards and remuneration space as a first adopter (with the 51% B-BBEE ownership transaction) and the opportunity for staff to share in the success of the company.
“I have served on the Board for a number of years and believe this move is not only in line with the direction we’d like to see the company develop, but also with a broader business objective of supporting growth, transformation and job creation in our country,” comments Mbulelo Mayikana, Director at 21stCentury.
Established in 1996 by Chris Blair and Dr Mark Bussin, the organisation boasts over 60 skilled employees servicing over 1700 clients, with two thirds of the companies on the JSE as 21stCentury clients. This experience and dedicated skillset ensure that the organisation is able to offer a range of innovative services to both the corporate and government sector.
The ownership and board are constructed as follows:
Directors: Chris Blair (CEO), Dr. Mark Bussin (Chairman), Adv. Nasreen Dawood, Dumi Khanyile, Mbulelo Mayikana, Ian McGorian, Morag Phillips, Craig Raath.
For more information on 21st Century, visit www.21century.co.za
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020