For this edition of #eBizInsights, Nick chats to Chris Blair about the South African progamme of addressing the economic inequality in the country- caused by 360 years of a minority government-. Chris is from 21st Century and founding member of the company.
One of Africa’s most respected and largest remuneration and reward consultancies – has announced that, after a two-year process of planning and implementation, the organisation has entered into a Broad-Based share ownership transaction and an Employee Share Ownership Programme. The result is a newly-named, black-owned entity incorporating the introduction of a B-BBEE trust for the 21st Century staff.
“One of the cornerstones of our company has always been social upliftment and, increasingly, transformation. This is why we started on this path a few years ago and are thrilled to see the outcome today” says Chris Blair, CEO of 21st Century. Two of the most prevalent challenges in South Africa are reducing the wage gap and enabling wealth creation. 21st Century not only advises the market on how to address these challenges, but lives the values in its own business. This transformation is a clear example of 21st Century’s leading practices.
The first company in its field to implement such changes, 21stCentury is leading the way for other organisations in the rewards and remuneration space as a first adopter (with the 51% B-BBEE ownership transaction) and the opportunity for staff to share in the success of the company.
“I have served on the Board for a number of years and believe this move is not only in line with the direction we’d like to see the company develop, but also with a broader business objective of supporting growth, transformation and job creation in our country,” comments Mbulelo Mayikana, Director at 21stCentury.
Established in 1996 by Chris Blair and Dr Mark Bussin, the organisation boasts over 60 skilled employees servicing over 1700 clients, with two thirds of the companies on the JSE as 21stCentury clients. This experience and dedicated skillset ensure that the organisation is able to offer a range of innovative services to both the corporate and government sector.
The ownership and board are constructed as follows:
Directors: Chris Blair (CEO), Dr. Mark Bussin (Chairman), Adv. Nasreen Dawood, Dumi Khanyile, Mbulelo Mayikana, Ian McGorian, Morag Phillips, Craig Raath.
For more information on 21st Century, visit www.21century.co.za
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021