M2TD now set for impressive growth
Founded just six years ago in 2009, Micro Squared Technology Dimension (M2TD) Consulting, has grown from strength to strength. Driven by CEO David Matshane the company – and then some – has become a reality after just a few, short years.
The company recently signed a contract with British Telecommunications (BT) – a multinational telecommunications services company that operates in 170 countries. This is a great feat for this small yet impactful company. BT will contribute greatly to the Networking and Connectivity section of M2TD’s work. This opens M2TD up to global connectivity, allowing them to manage and monitor a global footprint.
With these types of collaborations and strategic partnerships, M2TD Consulting has repositioned itself as one of the fastest growing ICT SME in the country and now boasts a staff complement of 50.
“Our focus was essentially on EMC storage services and solutions when the company first started but it diversified since 2013. Today we operate within a variety of solutions: storage and backup managed services, cloud solutions, server virtualisation, infrastructure operations, data centre and virtual environments,” explains Matshane.
One of M2TD’s main focuses is to drive ICT services in municipalities, accelerating the offering in these areas, working on a provincial, local and municipal government level. Matshane explains that there are millions of people living within municipal boundaries all across South Africa without access to basic information and communication technology. They want to assist government in rolling out this technology across the country.
The integrated offering by this level 1 BBBEEE 100% black owned business is made possible by the strong role that the CEO plays. With a strong focus on brand positioning, services and the delivery of promises, Matshane ensures that the company presents a united front and that “the resilience and the robustness of the company are developed from a business perspective,” according to Matshane.
Matshane is supported by a mentor in business from British Telecommunications South Africa (BTSA) as well as an advisory board from EnablingAfrica. Matshane says, “Our micro-entity has become a medium organisation and these changes are because of industrial support and mentorship, by big businesses.”
Matshane says, “We want to show that industrial support can add incredible value and show other SMEs that they too can survive and thrive.
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021