The Apollo is a 3-piece alternative rock band that was formed in January 2013, by a group of friends from Johannesburg. Members; Michael Card (Vocals /Bass Guitar), Paul Kayser (Vocals / Guitar) and Mark Traf (Drums); have played in various bands over the past decade; together and individually; and have decided to return to their roots for one last show.
The Apollo’s sound is a unique amalgamation of rock/ alternative with a punk undertone and energy. The melodic vocal harmonies are mixed with aggressive guitar riffs and solid drum sounds to hold it all together.
The Apollo’s influences range from many different types of music, which includes: Biffy Clyro, Radiohead, Blink 182, Paramore, The Used and Kings of Leon. All three members bring their own unique feel, giving the band a sound that will leave you wanting more.
The Apollo has just finished recording their 2nd single, “Phoenix Down”, which will soon be available on most social platforms. They are currently in studio and working on their self-titled EP which will be released the beginning of next year.
The Apollo has recently played at Oppikoppi Odyssey and have a number of great shows lined up for the end of the year/
Artists We Also Like
Biffy Clyro, Kings of Leon, Brand New, Queens of the stone age, Foo Fighters and many more.
Song: “Phoenix Down”
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020
- The Attention Economy and its Impact on Media |Donald Mokgale |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Carat - September 23, 2020
- Broke, homeless but resilient |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton |#Wellness |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 22, 2020
- Democratising Investing| #eBizInsights | Sebastian Patel| #Podcast |#FRANC - September 22, 2020
- How 10 minutes can literally change you as a leader |#LTL |#KevinBritz |#Naomi Basson |Nick Howes |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 21, 2020
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020
- How to create a job search strategy to the hidden job market|#LTC |#KevinBritz | Chantelle Botha |#Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Roboteur takes the tedium out of repetitive tasks| #eBizWires | Graham Fry | Podcast - September 16, 2020