For years, backup and security have been a grudge purchase. This is changing as the number of high profile breaches grow exponentially, but too many companies still don’t give backup the same emphasis in their cyber security planning that they do with other security solutions.
This, says JC / Garry, is because backup has traditionally been sold as a disaster recovery and business continuity tool, with little to no crossover into the security space. “In an age of rampant threats, there is a growing interest in data-centric security. More and more organisations are focusing on the protection of data, but when they think about security, tools such as firewalls and AV spring to mind. Backup is a vital security area that is often overlooked, and it underpins other security approaches by preventing data loss,” he explains.
“With the surge in hacks we have seen over the past year, not to mention the massive GDPR fines that have been levied, cyber security has become critical to the entire business. Companies are aware that they need to stay ahead of cyber threats, and that they need the right technology. However, the combination of the global cyber security skills shortage and increasing demands for digitisation have put many into the position where they are not just playing a catch-up game, but where some are not managing their risk effectively.”
This provides a golden opportunity for the channel, JC / Garry adds. “Distributors and resellers have the opportunity to be heroes. By addressing pain points for their customers and providing assurance around the security of their IT environments, the channel can deepen engagements with customers, while adding valuable margin to their revenues. Finding ways to augment and expand existing services is really important in a crowded market, and offering extra security is the perfect way to get customers to stand up and pay attention.”
Backup is the logical springboard for these kinds of conversations, he says. “Organisations of all sizes have invested into their backup environment, and adding a layer of security on to that is a no-brainer. In some cases, this will provide the opportunity to go beyond a straight resell opportunity to offering additional services such as management and support, which can generate ongoing revenue.”
Acronis has taken this opportunity even further for channel partners. Providing solutions that have built-in ransomware protection – the only backup and storage technology on the market to do so – Acronis offers peace of mind for end users while creating opportunities for partners to generate value adds for their customers.
“We are living in the age of ransomware, and data security has never been more important. Protecting data from unauthorised access, preventing it from being corrupted and ensuring it’s always available to legitimate users is a top priority for companies. A key part of data security is a strong backup solution like Acronis Backup 12.5 or Acronis True Image, which not only protect from data loss but go the extra mile to stop ransomware before it can wreak havoc,” says Garry / JC.
“By combining these capabilities into one product, we are helping end users stay ahead of attack, and we are helping to our channel partners to start new conversations with their customers. Data security is a concern common to every business, so it’s easy to understand why so many channel partners take a one size fits all approach when selling security solutions. Just like any other solution, security should be personalised to fit the unique needs of your customer, and backup must form an essential part of that,” he concludes.
- Shaking up the world of entertainment | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Shaky Russell | #ebizradio | #podcast - December 8, 2021
- The impact of support for Grade 7 learners and beyond | #Classroom | #Insight | The Love Trust | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - December 8, 2021
- KYC trends for 2022 – Know Your Customer | #Insights | CONTACTABLE | #ebizradio | #Digital - December 8, 2021
- Why Inhousing Is The Future Of Digital Marketing | Lets Talk Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Caitlin Gevers | Craige Dixon | Jellyfish | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 8, 2021
- How Separation Impacts Tenants And Landlords Alike | #Property | #Insight | Shanaaz Trethewey | RentMaster | #ebizradio - December 7, 2021
- Turn Key Building Contractors | #Entrepreneur | Business Brunch | Björn Salsone | Bernice Els - December 7, 2021
- A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO INVESTING OFFSHORE – What if it’s easier than you think? | #Insight | #Money | Nelisiwe Masango | Ubuntu Invest | #ebizradio - December 7, 2021
- “ALWAYS SHOW UP, NO MATTER WHAT” |#Insight | #Entrepreneur | Daniel Kahn | Firstwatch Whiskey | #ebizradio - December 7, 2021
- Ground One Coffee is stirring it up! | #LTM | Lunchtime Marketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Shane Radebe | Letsi Mailula | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Hollard Insure - November 25, 2021
- Roche launches cobas pureintegrated solutions analyser to help simplify operations in small to medium sized labs |#News | #Medical | Roche Diagnostics Sandra Orta - November 24, 2021