After World War 2, many countries in East Asia were amongst the poorest and least developed on the planet; devastated by war and division these countries pulled themselves up and created a economic miracle, China, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia and Taiwan amongst others in the region have developed there technological and industrial centres and raised the standard of living dramatically in the last 50 years…
One of the companies that came about from this development was ASUS: Based in Taiwan, the Asus brand is available across the planet including South Africa. Today we chat to Yolandi Venter the Head of Marketing for Asus South Africa.
We cover a broad number of topics in this podcast, from the History of Asus, their involvement in Africa as well as general trends in the IT Industry for the year both in a South African and Global context.
ASUS takes its name from Pegasus, the winged horse in Greek mythology that symbolises wisdom and knowledge. ASUS embodies the strength, purity, and adventurous spirit of this fantastic creature, and soars to new heights with each new product it creates.
The Taiwanese information technology industry has grown enormously over the last few decades and the country is now a dominant player in the global market. ASUS has long been at the forefront of this growth and although the company started life as a humble motherboard manufacturer with a handful of employees, it is now the leading technology company in Taiwan and employs over 11,000 people around the world.
ASUS makes products in almost every conceivable category of information technology too, including PC components and peripherals, notebooks, tablets, servers and smartphones.
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020
- The African Hotel Industry; Pre and Post Covid | #eBizInsights| Brett Hoppe |Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Do we stop and ask WHY? |#LTS |#CandidConversations |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz |#Podcast - October 16, 2020