After World War 2, many countries in East Asia were amongst the poorest and least developed on the planet; devastated by war and division these countries pulled themselves up and created a economic miracle, China, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia and Taiwan amongst others in the region have developed there technological and industrial centres and raised the standard of living dramatically in the last 50 years…
One of the companies that came about from this development was ASUS: Based in Taiwan, the Asus brand is available across the planet including South Africa. Today we chat to Yolandi Venter the Head of Marketing for Asus South Africa.
We cover a broad number of topics in this podcast, from the History of Asus, their involvement in Africa as well as general trends in the IT Industry for the year both in a South African and Global context.
ASUS takes its name from Pegasus, the winged horse in Greek mythology that symbolises wisdom and knowledge. ASUS embodies the strength, purity, and adventurous spirit of this fantastic creature, and soars to new heights with each new product it creates.
The Taiwanese information technology industry has grown enormously over the last few decades and the country is now a dominant player in the global market. ASUS has long been at the forefront of this growth and although the company started life as a humble motherboard manufacturer with a handful of employees, it is now the leading technology company in Taiwan and employs over 11,000 people around the world.
ASUS makes products in almost every conceivable category of information technology too, including PC components and peripherals, notebooks, tablets, servers and smartphones.
- The power of that SUBSCRIBE button | #Business | #Marketing | #e-commerce | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Lunchtime Marketing | #Podcast - September 29, 2022
- Porn, parents, children and social workers burning out | #Insights | #Society | Ingrid von Stein | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Desperation and hopelessness is surrounding us in business | #Insights | #Business | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Leoni Coetzee | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Why paying your tax as a small business owner is so important | #Insights | #Tax | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Tusani Mnyandu | Mazars - September 26, 2022
- Retailers are looking at smart solutions to South Africa’s power crisis with electricity costs likely to double over five years | #Insight | Steven Heilbron | Capital Connect - September 26, 2022
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Music and Food are forever intertwined | #Music | #Food | Brunch with Bjorn | Bjorn Salsone | J Something | Joao da Fonseca | #Podcast - September 21, 2022