eBizRadio and FnB have teamed up to produce a series of podcasts examining and explaining the financial services industry in South Africa – the goal of these podcasts is to educate and share insights on the various personal savings and investment issues and options that we all face.
Stephanus Buys is the Head of Strategic Business Development at FnB. and he shares his insights on the differences between ”Accessible Money” and Non-Accessible ”Money”.
- Accessible Money are typically deposits and short term investments, whilst Non-Accessible Money is the long term investments that cannot be touched for 12 months or longer.
- So which type is best? One’s own personal finances will largely determine which type of investment would be in YOUR best interest.
- Another important factor is what is the purpose of these savings/investments? Perhaps a family holiday, or a College Fund, or maybe a new retirement account is what you want? – all these factors come into play.
- In South Africa, it is all to common, unfortunately that the people retire after many years of hard work, but have not saved enough to live a life of comfort in their elder years. FnB is committed to tackling this issue that plagues society.
- Related to the above point is the fact that ”Emergencies” can and do occur and without some sort of ”back up” i.e. savings/investments, one’s personal financial situation can deteriorate rapidly.
- Finally we take a look at the purpose behind the many new financial products that FnB offer to market as part of their commitment to educating consumers on financial matters.
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020