Mobicred is the first digital lending product for ecommerce in SA. The product is a revolving credit aimed at online consumers, whereby the customer is provided with a virtual credit facility, and can utilise the facility with online shops. We chatted to Jason Sive from Mobicred about his Company.
The Mobicred system was developed in 2013, and went live in 2014. iStore and Digicape were fantastic stores to start with, as they are both very forward thinking.
During 2015/2016 many of the other merchants started seeing the incremental revenue increase as a result of offering a credit option to customers. This helped attract the other large merchants.
Mobicred has also in the past 2 years integrated with 4 payment gateways, who have enabled easy integration with Merchants. Various stages of negotiations have begun with large online stores, across all industries, including retail, travel, education, ticketing.
A downloadable mobile app will be available soon. Currently the customer uses a regular desktop or tablet interface to access Mobicred. The customer pays 10% per month of their outstanding balance.
Many of our customers see Mobicred as a safer option for online shopping, others see the product as their online shopping facility, and retain their credit card for day to day in-store purchases.
The customer goes through a once off, real time online application to open an account.
Once approved, customer can start purchasing at any of our merchants, using a simple username/password/OTP combination.
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- Are you thinking of buying a pre-owned 4×4? | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 13, 2022
- How Paying it Forward in business changes the environment | #LTC | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Helen Martin | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 12, 2022
- How professionals create good money habits | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube Daka | Amanda Dambuza | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 11, 2022
- The 2022 School Year: What Teachers, Parents and Learners Can Expect | #Classroom | #ebizradio | The Love Trust - January 10, 2022
- An African Platform for African business by African Business | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Grace Mumo | Luxury Xclusives - January 10, 2022
- No matter what – SHOW UP! | #Entrepreneur | #BizInsight| Ingrid von Stein | Daniel Kahn | Firstwatch | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 22, 2021
- Mission Possible! – A global health doctor takes on a new mission | #Insight | Ingrid von Stein | Dr. Allan Pambe | Roche Diagnostics | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 22, 2021