Mobicred is the first digital lending product for ecommerce in SA. The product is a revolving credit aimed at online consumers, whereby the customer is provided with a virtual credit facility, and can utilise the facility with online shops. We chatted to Jason Sive from Mobicred about his Company.
The Mobicred system was developed in 2013, and went live in 2014. iStore and Digicape were fantastic stores to start with, as they are both very forward thinking.
During 2015/2016 many of the other merchants started seeing the incremental revenue increase as a result of offering a credit option to customers. This helped attract the other large merchants.
Mobicred has also in the past 2 years integrated with 4 payment gateways, who have enabled easy integration with Merchants. Various stages of negotiations have begun with large online stores, across all industries, including retail, travel, education, ticketing.
A downloadable mobile app will be available soon. Currently the customer uses a regular desktop or tablet interface to access Mobicred. The customer pays 10% per month of their outstanding balance.
Many of our customers see Mobicred as a safer option for online shopping, others see the product as their online shopping facility, and retain their credit card for day to day in-store purchases.
The customer goes through a once off, real time online application to open an account.
Once approved, customer can start purchasing at any of our merchants, using a simple username/password/OTP combination.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021