From humble beginnings 11 years ago as a safe space for township children to ride BMX bikes after school, songo.info has evolved into a sport and education support programme helping brighten the lives of children living in Kayamandi, Stellenbosch.
On the 7th of March this year, songo.info will once again be celebrating the amazing children that come through their programme every day, and acknowledging the friends and supporters who have helped the charity to be the success it is.
The event, which will take place at Jack Black’s Brewery in Diep River, will include a live performance from well-known South African band Watershed.
“We encourage everyone who believes in the power of bicycles to change lives to join us,” says Christoph Sauser, co-founder of the songo.info programme and multiple World Champion mountain biker. “Celebrating the achievements of the charity is not only fun, it is also an opportunity to join the cycling community in being a part of something bigger – the future of our kids. With you we can make a difference!”
The evening fundraising event is an opportunity to meet and mingle with World Champion cyclists and bid on a selection of incredible items up for auction. The two custom-painted 2019 Specialized S-Works Epics that will be ridden in the 2019 edition of the Absa Cape Epic by defending champions Jaroslav Kulhavy and Annika Langvad, will once again be up for grabs. More details on the songo.info website.
“We will be unveiling the 2019 Investec-songo-Specialized S-Works Epic and team race kit that will be ridden by all three of our teams at this year’s Absa Cape Epic,” says Sauser. “The kit will make its racing debut at our annual songo.info Champions Race, held at the Kayamandi clubhouse on the 13th of March.”
The songo.info Champions Race, which loops through the Kayamandi township, is an annual cult event that has been dubbed the “Unofficial World Cup” because of the calibre of rider in attendance, and the throngs of local supporters who line the track in Stellenbosch. Used as a fundraiser for the charity, the Champions Race attracts some of the world’s biggest names in mountain biking. Olympic Champion Jaroslav Kulhavy and multiple World Champion Annika Langvad will line up next to some of the world’s best riders, who are all in town for the Absa Cape Epic. The Champions Race is a fast-paced spectacle that Cape Epic contenders use as a leg-loosener.
To buy your ticket to attend the charity auction on the 7th of March, stand a chance to win one of the limited edition Investec-songo-Specialized S-Works Epics, or to view details about the Champions Race please visit www.songo.info
Web & Social Media:
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020