Our fellow entrepreneurs from IP Braai share with you steps on How to do your own free Trade Mark search. Watch the video below and then follow the 4 steps below to do your very own FREE Trademark search.
This will help you chose your “mark” (Company name, Product name etc.) and save you thousands.
Please remember this does not constitute legal advice. IP Braai share this for educational purposes as their mission is to empower ALL South African Entrepreneurs to start, grow and thrive in business with strong legal foundations.
For your very own Free basic Trade Mark search, follow these 4 easy steps:
- STEP 1: Visit the CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission) eServices website to register with CIPC if you don’t yet have a customer account.
- STEP 2: Go to the CIPC IP Online website to login.
- STEP 3: Using the NICE Classification, Identify the primary class of your product or service and identify all the conflicting classes using the Trade Mark Cross Search List.
- STEP 4: Return to the CIPC IP Online website and search for your Mark within your primary class AND all possible conflicting classes one by one.
If step 4 comes up clean, meaning your searches did not return any results, then your chosen mark has not been registered. If any of your searches did in fact return results which are the same as or confusingly similar to your chosen Mark, you have two options. Either choose a different Mark and start the search process again, alternatively you can get in touch with us for assistance.
Email: [email protected]
LET’S BRAAI !!
- When all else fails – KNIT! | Unscripted Life | Tracy Going | Clive Vanderwagen | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - August 3, 2021
- How you treat others is the same way you treat money! | #BrunchWithBjorn | Björn Salsone | Jade Fedder | #Podcast | #Money | #ebizradio - August 3, 2021
- Understanding the power of communication in business | Change Conversations with Mpume | Mpume Ncube Daka| Maiyo Febi |#Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - August 3, 2021
- REDISCOVER JOY IN THE KITCHEN | #Lifestyle | #hansgrohe | #ebizradio - August 3, 2021
- Covid Working Models during and after the pandemic | #Insight | Sello Malete | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - August 2, 2021
- The importance of de-motivation and motivation | #Leadership | #LunchtimeLeadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - August 2, 2021
- The great AI smokescreen | #Technology | #Insight | Richard Firth | MIP Holdings | #ebizradio - August 2, 2021
- Social Media and Entrepreneurs | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Bridgette Matjuda | #Entrepreneur | #ebizradio - August 1, 2021
- WHY BUSINESS CAN NO LONGER IGNORE GAMING IN AFRICA | #Insight | #Gaming | Barry Louzada | Mettlestate | #ebizradio - August 1, 2021
- Does South Africa have a branding problem? | #LTM | #LunchtimeMarketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Thebe Ikalafeng | #Marketing | #ebizradio | #Podcast - July 29, 2021