Our fellow entrepreneurs from IP Braai share with you steps on How to do your own free Trade Mark search. Watch the video below and then follow the 4 steps below to do your very own FREE Trademark search.
This will help you chose your “mark” (Company name, Product name etc.) and save you thousands.
Please remember this does not constitute legal advice. IP Braai share this for educational purposes as their mission is to empower ALL South African Entrepreneurs to start, grow and thrive in business with strong legal foundations.
For your very own Free basic Trade Mark search, follow these 4 easy steps:
- STEP 1: Visit the CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission) eServices website to register with CIPC if you don’t yet have a customer account.
- STEP 2: Go to the CIPC IP Online website to login.
- STEP 3: Using the NICE Classification, Identify the primary class of your product or service and identify all the conflicting classes using the Trade Mark Cross Search List.
- STEP 4: Return to the CIPC IP Online website and search for your Mark within your primary class AND all possible conflicting classes one by one.
If step 4 comes up clean, meaning your searches did not return any results, then your chosen mark has not been registered. If any of your searches did in fact return results which are the same as or confusingly similar to your chosen Mark, you have two options. Either choose a different Mark and start the search process again, alternatively you can get in touch with us for assistance.
Email: [email protected]
LET’S BRAAI !!
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020