Our fellow entrepreneurs from IP Braai share with you steps on How to do your own free Trade Mark search. Watch the video below and then follow the 4 steps below to do your very own FREE Trademark search.
This will help you chose your “mark” (Company name, Product name etc.) and save you thousands.
Please remember this does not constitute legal advice. IP Braai share this for educational purposes as their mission is to empower ALL South African Entrepreneurs to start, grow and thrive in business with strong legal foundations.
For your very own Free basic Trade Mark search, follow these 4 easy steps:
- STEP 1: Visit the CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission) eServices website to register with CIPC if you don’t yet have a customer account.
- STEP 2: Go to the CIPC IP Online website to login.
- STEP 3: Using the NICE Classification, Identify the primary class of your product or service and identify all the conflicting classes using the Trade Mark Cross Search List.
- STEP 4: Return to the CIPC IP Online website and search for your Mark within your primary class AND all possible conflicting classes one by one.
If step 4 comes up clean, meaning your searches did not return any results, then your chosen mark has not been registered. If any of your searches did in fact return results which are the same as or confusingly similar to your chosen Mark, you have two options. Either choose a different Mark and start the search process again, alternatively you can get in touch with us for assistance.
Email: [email protected]
LET’S BRAAI !!
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 27, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020
- Digitalising customer engagement vital for retail insurance growth | #eBizInsights - June 27, 2020
- The role South Africans can play as active citizens |#Matalane Ngobeni |#Podcast - June 24, 2020
- Insights on Data 6:How Hacks occur; a fast, ever-evolving landscape | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - June 23, 2020
- Being an ”Essential Service” during Lockdown, Vox’s experience | #eBizInsights | Jacques du Toit of Vox| Podcast - June 18, 2020
- Covid-19 provides construction industry with opportunity for change | #eBizInsight - June 18, 2020