A leading South African broker is inviting young and aspiring South African artists to break out their brushes or any other artistic tools of choice to submit artwork that represents “The Spirit of Wealth”. Ubuntu Invest is providing a platform for artists to showcase their work and win cash prizes, an Ubuntu Invest account with cash value banked and ready to invest, plus an opportunity to bring their artistic vision to life on the walls of the Ubuntu Invest offices in Sandton. Winning artists will also be part of a PR press campaign and be given space to exhibit and sell their artwork at an exclusive event on 29 January 2022. Submissions are now open.
According to Ubuntu Invest Founder and CEO, Nelisiwe Masango, “The Spirit of Wealth” is more than just a company slogan. It is rooted in South Africa’s powerful entrepreneurial spirit and the concept of Ubuntu itself – the overarching respect for humanity that is sometimes translated as “I am because you are”.
Masango says, “In hosting this competition, we hope to see South Africa’s new generation of great creative minds emerge and give them a chance to get some valuable exposure on a public platform. The Spirit of Wealth is a sentiment that applies to any South African, whether they are an artist, financial trader, labourer, spaza shop owner or anything else.
“We all have the potential to attain wealth, which isn’t necessarily about monetary value. There is richness in doing what we love every day, in mutual respect, family and anything else that brings us happiness. This is the spirit we would like to see our artists interpret, however they personally envision it”.
To enter, artists must complete their submission using an online form. The competition closes on 30 November 2021 and three winners will be handpicked by Ubuntu CEO, Nelisiwe Masango. Masango concludes, “When I pick the winners, I will be looking for personal pieces that speak to our communal spirit. The mediums the artist employs on paper are entirely up to them. We want to see creativity come to life and provide a chance for our local talent to shine”.
To find out more about Ubuntu Invest, visit https://www.ubuntuinvest.com/.
- Women are winning in the Wine World | #Entrepreneur | #Wines | #Winery | Lindi Tshabangu | Silindile Zuma | Nanola Wines | #Podcast - August 15, 2022
- How do we support those businesses with a turnover over R10 million? | #Insight | #Growth | #Business | Ingrid von Stein | Diane Boorman - August 15, 2022
- Are you ready for the drone economy? | #Technology | #Economy | #Insight | Dean Conde | iOCO Digital - August 12, 2022
- Same Old Story | #Music | Business Brunch | #Artist | Björn Salsone | Lia Elise | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- Understanding your customer segmentation | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- How to stay CONNECTED whilst traveling | #Technology | Ingrid von Stein | Arthur Goldstuck | Gadget.co.za | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | #Motoring | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- The future of SA Live Music? |#BigFishStories | Eitan Stern | Simon Attwell | Legalese |#Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Can you actually measure CULTURE? | #Business | #Coaching | #HR | Kevin Britz | Jerome Parisse-Brassens | Walking the Talk | #Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | #Motoring | Tumelo Maketekete | Diesel and Dust | #Podcast - August 10, 2022